cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visiting a US Bank branch today. ( Cash+ )

tag
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

Visiting a US Bank branch today. ( Cash+ )

As of yesterday, The majority of INQ have aged 1 year. 

All thats left:

EX 2 - Car Loan, and AMEX BCP

EQ 3 - All from getting a car loan.  

TU 3 - 2 from car loan, one from cell phone company when I changed cell companies. 

Thinking about trying my luck with a cash+

With my oldest going to college, the 5% at book stores will come in handy, and 5% at sporting goods will be good as well, for me. 

US pulled EQ last time I apped with them over a year ago. 

I tried to PC my Kroger .5/1/1.5 card, but they couldn't do it, so it's been sock drawered for some time, Although they gave me an auto CLI recently. 

Then... I can't hink of any other cards I want at this time, so it will be back to the garden. 

As of today, The FICO I get from Merrick bank FICO says 729,  Discover FICO says 714, Credit Karma shows 759.  ( all scores from a couple weeks ago )

My last report shows util of 7% - But I do not carry a balance, and pay everything off monthly. 

Cards and limits in my sig.

AAOA not too bad, all cards over 1 year old, except the AMEX BCP, but two AMEX backdated to 2006

I should be good... I think. 

** results in the approval forum **

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Re: Visiting a US Bank branch today. ( Cash+ )

@WolfMan wrote:

As of yesterday, The majority of INQ have aged 1 year. 

All thats left:

EX 2 - Car Loan, and AMEX BCP

EQ 3 - All from getting a car loan.  

TU 3 - 2 from car loan, one from cell phone company when I changed cell companies. 

Thinking about trying my luck with a cash+

With my oldest going to college, the 5% at book stores will come in handy, and 5% at sporting goods will be good as well, for me. 

US pulled EQ last time I apped with them over a year ago. 

I tried to PC my Kroger .5/1/1.5 card, but they couldn't do it, so it's been sock drawered for some time, Although they gave me an auto CLI recently. 

Then... I can't hink of any other cards I want at this time, so it will be back to the garden. 

As of today, The FICO I get from Merrick bank FICO says 729,  Discover FICO says 714, Credit Karma shows 759.  ( all scores from a couple weeks ago )

My last report shows util of 7% - But I do not carry a balance, and pay everything off monthly. 

Cards and limits in my sig.

AAOA not too bad, all cards over 1 year old, except the AMEX BCP, but two AMEX backdated to 2006

I should be good... I think. 

Great chances! After you app for Cash + it maybe worth looking into the Sallie Mae mastercard for the bookstore purchases as well.

Message 2 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

Great chances!

I agree. I recently applied with them and had five inquiries and was approved for 18000 for a business card. I've applied for six cards from them and each approved for high or equal limit than the last. They seem really easy to get approved with.

Message 3 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

You have a great chance! Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 7
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

Great chances!

I agree. I recently applied with them and had five inquiries and was approved for 18000 for a business card. I've applied for six cards from them and each approved for high or equal limit than the last. They seem really easy to get approved with.

Good luck to OP and let us know the outcome. And wow nav!...I guess US Bank can be generous. I have a business checking account with them and just opened a checking/savings account package so hopeful that can help with getting a better approval next time i app for one of their cards.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 7
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

I'll keep the topics seperate... 

Results in the approval forum. 

Mods: Feel free to merge the threads if neccessary. 

Message 6 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

Good luck to OP and let us know the outcome. And wow nav!...I guess US Bank can be generous. I have a business checking account with them and just opened a checking/savings account package so hopeful that can help with getting a better approval next time i app for one of their cards.

I live nowhere near a branch, so can't have the deposit accounts Smiley Sad. It all started with a wimpy 1500 approval back in November 2012 and now I'm up to 75500 with them. I've closed and consolidated some cards, so now that amount is spread over 4. That's why I don't believe in closing a low limit approval out of anger. Just sit on it and use it to make small purchases and the higher limits will come eventually.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.