Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vitacost Denial?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Vitacost Denial?

Never got the preapproval pop up for this one so I decided to cold app. Well got the 10 day review, so tried to set up online access without the acct number and no records found Smiley Sad

I guess it means time to stop.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Vitacost Denial?

@B335is wrote:
Never got the preapproval pop up for this one so I decided to cold app. Well got the 10 day review, so tried to set up online access without the acct number and no records found Smiley Sad

possibly you are going to get sent one of the security pieces of mail to call in and verify yourself (and you can't move that along faster, you have to wait for it!)

Message 2 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@B335is wrote:

possibly you are going to get sent one of the security pieces of mail to call in and verify yourself (and you can't move that along faster, you have to wait for it!)

Does this happen often with hard apps from Comenity?  So many shopping cart stories about them, but not much on regular applications..  I really wish I could trade in my Sportsmans Guide and Mypoints cards.

Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Does this happen often with hard apps from Comenity?  So many shopping cart stories about them, but not much on regular applications..  I really wish I could trade in my Sportsmans Guide and Mypoints cards.

I can't get Sportsmans Guide or Mypoints buts got Vitacost... so weird!!!

I had the verification letter come with Pottery Barn but my cold app for True Value and Virgin America were declines after the 10 day message.

Message 4 of 10
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I cold app'd for both TrueValue Discover and Vitacost and both were approved.  TrueValue game me 3k and Vitacost gave me 7.5k.  TrueValue ended up being a HP on EX and Vitacost ended up being a SP on EQ.  Now Vitacost ended up a SP even with the cold app, since the month before I got the pre-approved popup but declined it then.  So I think I lucked out on that one.

As for the TrueValue Discover, I've recently closed it after 6 months....since I have the Walmart Discover 7.5k.   Someday I'll get a real Discover, since in the last year -- they've sent me 33 pre-qualified appsSmiley Surprised   I've applied 3 times in the last 3 years and they declined me, so I've given up on them.  Time for me to lay low or garden for a year.

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 5 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Wow I thought Discover preapprovals were more meaningful than that! I got 1 popup for Vitacost about a month ago but it asked for full SS# so I didnt think it was preapproval. Were you instantly approved or did they send you a letter?
Message 6 of 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

7-10 days usually means denial. I do't have too much to apply without any pre-approval.

Ron.
Message 7 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah I think it is denial. I usually only go for preapproval Comenity but maybe its time to close the cards I dont use like Mypoints and Sportsmansguide. I like my Total Rewards card though.
Message 8 of 10
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I think it was a fluke for me since I got the pop up, but declined it and then decided I wanted it, but it never popped again.  So on the 29th day after the pop up, I said screw it....and cold app'd and I got the 7-10 message.  Then I tried to sign in without the card and there was an account for me.   Unlike yours, you said there wasn't an acct. 

Hopefully, it works out for ya and they just need verification.

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 9 of 10
BSL1229
Established Member

I ended up getting the pre-approval pop up from Vitacost back in November, was psyched & applied, received the 7-10 message & was DENIED! That was when I was just starting to rebuild, do you think they would approve me now? It surprised me that I got denied because all of my other shopping cart pre-approvals have worked & I've been approved. I'm in the process of rebuilding for the last 5 months now. I haven't been able to get the pop up from Vitacost ever again now, ugh. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.