Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vitacost Discontinued!

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Vitacost Discontinued!

@fedxboy wrote:

and here I just placed an order from Vitacost this morning for 108.53 with a coupon of $15 off of 100.  I did use my Ebates Visa Sig for 7% back.

Glad I never got this card. I just ordered from them with the coupon and E Bates VIsa too! The Ebates Visa was the main reason I never pulled the trigger on the pre-approval for the Vitacost card.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 41 of 55
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

On another note, what did Comenity do with the Coldwater Creek card (since the store has filed BK and all are in the process of closing)?

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 42 of 55
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@emptypockets wrote:

On another note, what did Comenity do with the Coldwater Creek card (since the store has filed BK and all are in the process of closing)?

Nothing yet the company is still liquidating, upon its completion I would expect cancellation notices to be going out to all classes of CC cardholders.

Message 43 of 55
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Kinda sorry to see this little account close up shop so soon. Got my letter today. Was pretty nice ordering their Vitamins and such and at the time the account gave a little boost to Util.

Wish there was someway now to have the HP removed since i cold app'd this one but guess i'll just have to eat that HP. I don't believe the TL will be near long enough to make much of a difference even after it's closed since it was only opened in March.

I'm gardening anyway but this surprise move on their part is likely going to make me shy away from anymore of Comenity Cards because this seems self-defeating to offer and approve and then in a few short months (in my case 3) simply announce out-the-blue one of their Visa cards discontinued.

Oh well, farewell to Vitacost.

Message 44 of 55
scorpio_queen02
Valued Member

Got the same letter. This really sucks. That was my highes CL... all this right after Discover LOWERED my credit limit. I am pretty miffed. Smiley Mad

And I froze all my CRs so I dont apply for anything until next year, and pay down my balaces.  Grrrr!

Message 45 of 55
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Kinda sorry to see this little account close up shop so soon. Got my letter today. Was pretty nice ordering their Vitamins and such and at the time the account gave a little boost to Util.

Wish there was someway now to have the HP removed since i cold app'd this one but guess i'll just have to eat that HP. I don't believe the TL will be near long enough to make much of a difference even after it's closed since it was only opened in March.

I'm gardening anyway but this surprise move on their part is likely going to make me shy away from anymore of Comenity Cards because this seems self-defeating to offer and approve and then in a few short months (in my case 3) simply announce out-the-blue one of their Visa cards discontinued.

Oh well, farewell to Vitacost.

While an issuer can get rid of a card for any reason, co-branded cards obviously increase the risk of this happening, as either party can decide game over.  So don't think it is self-defeating, presumably things changed so it no longer made financial sense for them to continue.

And while it isn't nice to have a HP for a card that you could only use for a few months, when you consider you get an HP when you app and get denied, doesn't seem so out of normal!

Message 46 of 55
jaebsf
Contributor

Well lessons learned. I know there was alot of buzz about Comenity and especially those card products that could be obtained via the "shopping cart trick". I must admit having a bit of fun seeing which offers would be made. I only took Sportsman's Guide because I actually shop there often and only after I realized accepting the offer only resulted in a soft pull. Otherwise I have found Comenity's customer service very poor and thier card products (and associated rewards programs) un-inticing to say the least. And how they seem to having managed thier relationship with Vitacost is worth taking note of i.e. why not just convert the account to another product? And, again, every direct contact I've had with thier customer service reps has been terrible. I don't plan on takining on any additional Comenity products. In fact I thought seriously about the Virgin America card because I fly them often. But this happened shortly after the card was introduced and I started a relationship with Comentiy. And based entirely on the Comenity customer service experience I decided to pass on the Virgin America card. Shame seems like a nice reward program. But don't need another bank that treats customers like dirt.

Message 47 of 55
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

From my understanding it wasn't Comenity's decision. Vitacost has been suffering with sales for years so Im not surprised that they pulled out of the partnership.
Message 48 of 55
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@tempusfugit123 wrote:
From my understanding it wasn't Comenity's decision. Vitacost has been suffering with sales for years so Im not surprised that they pulled out of the partnership.

You are correct it was Vitacosts decision that is straight from the top brass at Comenity as I posted earlier in this thread. I think Vitacost really should have considered what canceling their card program would do to the credit profiles of the ones that had their card and the large potential of losing those customers for good as this is a business dependent on selling product and is not a bank that can cancel a card at whim and not even care if they retain the customer.

Message 49 of 55
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Guys I just heard on CNBC that Kroger is buying Vitacost, so that might play a reason.

Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.