Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Von Maur Charge Limit/CLI

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Von Maur Charge Limit/CLI

YAY, Since I have EQ and TU unlocked for today only I decided to go ahead and call and let them do HP to increase my Hard Limit... She instantly tells me well no point in CLI becuase we removed the Hard Limit in March, so now you have our "internal limit" but you can charge over and as long as payment continue to be on time you should not see any issues!!! I have had this card long time and it was not included in my bk 13 because it was paid off and some how they missed the letter that BK sends out to creditors on my file included or not to let them know... well almost 2 years into my BK I spent more then in the past (abour $1200-$1500) which caused them to take a HP and make sure they wanted to continue allowing charges to keep going and increase the internal line, well it was instantly closed due to being in my bk (not discharged or dismissed) Well they did not send a letter and thank goodness no fees and they give long leeway of reporting bad history but I didn't notice the closure and non payment for about 2.5 months... they didn't send letter and they were not allowed to contact me because of the bk... as soon as I called I paid balance but she was unable to open again but said as soon as your report shows discharged or dismissed I can open... flash forward in 2010 I got it re-opened but they started the account over wtiih Hard Limit of $200, increased to $300 and then been there until about now because they want HP always... well then obviously how this thread started it's been removed! Very excited, they are so leanant but also VERY FRUGAL with limits but super great service.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Von Maur Charge Limit/CLI

Wow I just noticed this company never charges intreast on there cards

Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Wow I just noticed this company never charges intreast on there cards

No interest, no late fees, always free shipping...

I have had a friend that had a card (most start at $200) he had it for about 6 months I would say and then didn't pay the $200 whatever for over a year, when he got employed again and had the money he went into the store paid the $200 and change and then they re-opened the card with $200 CL again to start using right away Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

What the heck is a "Von Mour"???

Wait.

Nope.

Nevermind.  I don't wanna know...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Wait.

Nope.

Nevermind.  I don't wanna know...

HAHA, it's a Family Owned Department store in the Midwest... not sure how many stores they are up to but they are kind of similar to Nordstrom.... they carry some of those lines, they have suberb customer service, etc. etc.

Message 5 of 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Hmm.  I'm in Kansas City, and I've never heard of it...

...of course, I don't get out much...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 9
n777ua
Established Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Only the best department store in the United States

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 7 of 9
BlueHusky
Contributor

Is it that good?

They are opening one near me this year!!

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
lilmadgray

It's a really great Dept store. They are great at Christmas time. You can shop and they will wrap and ship for free. They have great brands and ZERO interest always. If I want to indulge myself I'll go there. Went there during the holidays and bought myself a nice pair of Ugg boots.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.