cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Von Maur Store Charge (Midwest Department Store) you have one?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Von Maur Store Charge (Midwest Department Store) you have one?

Does anyone have a Von Maur card?

They have always been a little irritating in the beginning with how lax they are to give out credit ($200) but then hold you there for over a year... The card is backed by them, it's no fees, no interest of any kind ever and if you let the card go bad for a year and come in and pay it, they will open it again!

Do you know your internal CL? or what is the most you have owed on it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: Von Maur Store Charge (Midwest Department Store) you have one?

They don't have a hard limit, your charging ability after one year is determined by your payment history and stated income on the app.  The longer an account is opened with good payment history, the more you can charge irregardless of your stated income.  If your worried about an upcoming large charge, just call VM credit first.  They are extremely friendly.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Von Maur Store Charge (Midwest Department Store) you have one?

@n777ua wrote:

They don't have a hard limit, your charging ability after one year is determined by your payment history and stated income on the app.  The longer an account is opened with good payment history, the more you can charge irregardless of your stated income.  If your worried about an upcoming large charge, just call VM credit first.  They are extremely friendly.

I agree with after a year that the account internal will be set and if you stay under that they won't look at the account but if you get close to it or start to exeed it they will HP and look at rather they want to increase that or keep you at current limit.... but they very much have a hard limit, mine is currently $300. Most I know either started with $200 or $500 for hard limit.

They really like to see payments for 12 months, so that means you need to be using it every month and paying it in full or charge it up and then pay min for a while and as you start to pay down charge it up again... when they reopened mine I charged like $200 or something and paid it off over like 3 or 4 months and then did not use the account for over 6 months and just started charging again like 2 months ago... so I am over the year but because I didn't use it for so long they want to see more history again and they want a TU pull... wish I had done it in Dec. I probably would have had the limit lifted for sure!!! oh well.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.