Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!

tag
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Re: WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!

@jsucool76 wrote:

On your CC portal. When you log in it'll say "View your FICO score" right under the account summary

So you access all of your credit card information (including the FICO score) through walmart.com? I just got an instant approval for walmart discover online and was issued a temporary account number so maybe that is why I can't see the link?

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 51 of 61
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Up to 729 gettin there slowly.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 52 of 61
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@SportBike4Life wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

On your CC portal. When you log in it'll say "View your FICO score" right under the account summary

So you access all of your credit card information (including the FICO score) through walmart.com? I just got an instant approval for walmart discover online and was issued a temporary account number so maybe that is why I can't see the link?

Yeah you have to wait until you get your card and register it. I think you need to do paperless statements in order to get your fico score. 

If you just go to walmart.com and scroll all the way down (or do CTRL + F : "Credit") you'll see the "Apply now" button and the "Manage online account" button, click the manage online account and then you'll be able to activate your card and create an account and get a score and everything. 

Message 53 of 61
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
@Sparkz how long have you had the WM account open?

I believe Ive had Walmart for about a year and a half. I was really surprised. i just app'd for the SAMS club discover and got the store card instead. When it comes, Ill be calling to cancel it

The card doesn't come, you visit your sam's club and they reissue your membership card with the credit card information on it.  I would advise just keeping it, and asking for CLI's every 4 months. After a couple years they will give you the discover version. You had no hope of getting the discover card at the start if your Signature scores are current. They want at least a 740 fico to get the discover version of any GE card when you AP. But they do upgrade to the discover card usually after 2+ years of good payment history even if you only have a 680 possibly less.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 54 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

What date is showing when you view your scores?  Mine says - As of August 31, 2012 your FICO score is _____

It's said that since... August 31st. I thought it would update on the 10th and the new score would be posted by now. 

Thanks!

Message 55 of 61
android01
Valued Contributor

Down 7 to 838.  I let 4 accounts show a small balance (< 1%) to see how this affected my score.  I was surprised that it went down so little.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 56 of 61
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Down 7 to 838.  I let 4 accounts show a small balance (< 1%) to see how this affected my score.  I was surprised that it went down so little.  

This makes me jealous. 

I wish you could like..purchase FICO points...i'll give you like 10 bucks for 30 points Smiley Tongue 

Message 57 of 61
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@SportBike4Life wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Yeah you have to wait until you get your card and register it. I think you need to do paperless statements in order to get your fico score. 

If you just go to walmart.com and scroll all the way down (or do CTRL + F : "Credit") you'll see the "Apply now" button and the "Manage online account" button, click the manage online account and then you'll be able to activate your card and create an account and get a score and everything. 

Thanks jsucool76

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 58 of 61
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Wow, nice score man! 

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Message 59 of 61
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
@Sparkz how long have you had the WM account open?

I believe Ive had Walmart for about a year and a half. I was really surprised. i just app'd for the SAMS club discover and got the store card instead. When it comes, Ill be calling to cancel it

The card doesn't come, you visit your sam's club and they reissue your membership card with the credit card information on it.  I would advise just keeping it, and asking for CLI's every 4 months. After a couple years they will give you the discover version. You had no hope of getting the discover card at the start if your Signature scores are current. They want at least a 740 fico to get the discover version of any GE card when you AP. But they do upgrade to the discover card usually after 2+ years of good payment history even if you only have a 680 possibly less.

I just got the Walmart Discover and my TU is a 670 so I guess the good payment history did the trck like you said

But thank you for the info about the card. So when I renew the membership card then I get my credit and membership linked together...coolSmiley Tongue

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.