Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎07-22-2012
0

Re: WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!


jsucool76 wrote:

On your CC portal. When you log in it'll say "View your FICO score" right under the account summary


So you access all of your credit card information (including the FICO score) through walmart.com? I just got an instant approval for walmart discover online and was issued a temporary account number so maybe that is why I can't see the link?

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now :smileywink:
Established Contributor
Posts: 657
Registered: ‎06-27-2012
0

Re: WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!

Up to 729 gettin there slowly.

 

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,504
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!


SportBike4Life wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

On your CC portal. When you log in it'll say "View your FICO score" right under the account summary


So you access all of your credit card information (including the FICO score) through walmart.com? I just got an instant approval for walmart discover online and was issued a temporary account number so maybe that is why I can't see the link?


Yeah you have to wait until you get your card and register it. I think you need to do paperless statements in order to get your fico score. 

 

If you just go to walmart.com and scroll all the way down (or do CTRL + F : "Credit") you'll see the "Apply now" button and the "Manage online account" button, click the manage online account and then you'll be able to activate your card and create an account and get a score and everything. 

;
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,219
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!


Sparkz1920 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
@Sparkz how long have you had the WM account open?

I believe Ive had Walmart for about a year and a half. I was really surprised. i just app'd for the SAMS club discover and got the store card instead. When it comes, Ill be calling to cancel it


The card doesn't come, you visit your sam's club and they reissue your membership card with the credit card information on it.  I would advise just keeping it, and asking for CLI's every 4 months. After a couple years they will give you the discover version. You had no hope of getting the discover card at the start if your Signature scores are current. They want at least a 740 fico to get the discover version of any GE card when you AP. But they do upgrade to the discover card usually after 2+ years of good payment history even if you only have a 680 possibly less.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 8.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
Regular Contributor
Posts: 237
Registered: ‎07-13-2012
0

Re: WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!

What date is showing when you view your scores?  Mine says - As of August 31, 2012 your FICO score is _____

 

It's said that since... August 31st. I thought it would update on the 10th and the new score would be posted by now. 

 

Thanks!

EX 638 (Lender 9/1) TA 650(Walmart 9/1) EQ 655 (FICO - 9/17)
Goal - 700 Club in '13!!!

My Wallet - Cap 1 - $300. Cap 1 - $750. Orchard - $950.
New as of 8/29 - Target - $3000. Barclay's - $2000. Merrick - $1000. Walmart $600. And as of 9/22 - JCP $200.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,275
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
0

Re: WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!

Down 7 to 838.  I let 4 accounts show a small balance (< 1%) to see how this affected my score.  I was surprised that it went down so little.  

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 - 01/01/15
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 01/01/15
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 01/01/15
EX FICO - V2 - 840 - 01/01/15
EQ FICO - EQ04 - 818 - 01/01/15
EQ FICO - Bankcard Enhanced 8 - 885 - 1/24/15
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,504
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!


android01 wrote:

Down 7 to 838.  I let 4 accounts show a small balance (< 1%) to see how this affected my score.  I was surprised that it went down so little.  


This makes me jealous. 

 

I wish you could like..purchase FICO points...i'll give you like 10 bucks for 30 points :smileytongue: 

;
Regular Contributor
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎07-22-2012
0

Re: WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!


jsucool76 wrote:

SportBike4Life wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

On your CC portal. When you log in it'll say "View your FICO score" right under the account summary


So you access all of your credit card information (including the FICO score) through walmart.com? I just got an instant approval for walmart discover online and was issued a temporary account number so maybe that is why I can't see the link?


Yeah you have to wait until you get your card and register it. I think you need to do paperless statements in order to get your fico score. 

 

If you just go to walmart.com and scroll all the way down (or do CTRL + F : "Credit") you'll see the "Apply now" button and the "Manage online account" button, click the manage online account and then you'll be able to activate your card and create an account and get a score and everything. 


Thanks jsucool76

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now :smileywink:
Regular Contributor
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎07-22-2012
0

Re: WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!


android01 wrote:

Down 7 to 838.  I let 4 accounts show a small balance (< 1%) to see how this affected my score.  I was surprised that it went down so little.  


Wow, nice score man! 

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 271
Registered: ‎08-09-2009
0

Re: WALMART FICO IS UP (SEPT/2012)!!!!


jamesdwi wrote:

Sparkz1920 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
@Sparkz how long have you had the WM account open?

I believe Ive had Walmart for about a year and a half. I was really surprised. i just app'd for the SAMS club discover and got the store card instead. When it comes, Ill be calling to cancel it


The card doesn't come, you visit your sam's club and they reissue your membership card with the credit card information on it.  I would advise just keeping it, and asking for CLI's every 4 months. After a couple years they will give you the discover version. You had no hope of getting the discover card at the start if your Signature scores are current. They want at least a 740 fico to get the discover version of any GE card when you AP. But they do upgrade to the discover card usually after 2+ years of good payment history even if you only have a 680 possibly less.


I just got the Walmart Discover and my TU is a 670 so I guess the good payment history did the trck like you said

 

But thank you for the info about the card. So when I renew the membership card then I get my credit and membership linked together...cool:smileytongue:


Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.