Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALMART TU FICO HELP. CAN'T ENROLL TO SERVICE

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

WALMART TU FICO HELP. CAN'T ENROLL TO SERVICE

i just activated my walmart card online and i went to the free FICO score and when i try to enroll for the service i get this message

We are unable to access your FICO® Score information at the Credit Bureau. 

If you have placed a security freeze or lock on your credit report at the Credit Bureau, you must remove it before we can access your FICO® Score information and display it on this site. 

Is it because i don't have 6 months credit history yet ? because also when i tried to sign up for MYFICO services, it doesn't let me, and at MYFICO they told me i need to have at least 6 months credit history and 1 year a social security number.

Do you think it's the same with TU ? they need to have at least 6 months of history to generate a score ?

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: WALMART TU FICO HELP. CAN'T ENROLL TO SERVICE

If you're new to credit...you will not have a score to calculate for at least 6 months of having your first account. You need a history to report to any of the bureaus.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Yea you need to get 6 months under your belt and you'll be ok.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@maiden_girl wrote:

If you're new to credit...you will not have a score to calculate for at least 6 months of having your first account. You need a history to report to any of the bureaus.

+1 

same happened with my wife when she had less than 6 month history. I added her onto my oldest card and it worked like charm.

Message 4 of 8
pat0812
Regular Contributor

will everything work for me (MYFICO and TU WALMART SCORE) after 6 months exactly ? or it might take 8-9 months

Is it 6 months since i opened my first account or 6 reported months on my accounts that have been paid (7 months, because my first payment was 1 month and half after i opened my account)

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 5 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

6 reported months. Depending how that breaks it could be 5 and change or even seven months after you opened your first tradeline before you can generate a FICO score.

Walmart and myFICO should both be available at that time as others posted.

        
Message 6 of 8
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Well when I first got started with credit...I didn't have a FICO score at all. I just had a report with no score. I could order reports with some history and inquires...but there wasn't enough information to generate a score. It wasn't until almost a year of having my credit card that I generated a FICO score and it was LOW. LOL. But I had one.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 8
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

@ path0812 Yep thats correct, and It is after 6 reported scores, if your new to credit and just starting out, I would recommend that you apply for a Cap1 card (the approval usually goes through with no credit, with a CL of $300) and to add to that, to just continue to establish your credit by following the 16% card rule and paying in full for the next 6 months. After that request your scores, and stay away from seeking out new credit until your 9-12 month margin; a year preferably; but only if you really need to, and your credit scores should get up to the fair level! 
Warning: Don't use your full balance in those 6 months, or else it will look very bad!
& Remember you have plus scores, fico scores, risk scores, vantage scores, and FAKO scores stay away from anyone reporting FAKO scores. And use the trials from the credit bureaus wisely, as they come in handy! 

~hope this helped

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.