Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALMART cash at register

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: WALMART cash at register

@jeffery581 wrote:

WM MC 5k limit. 1K cash advance. I use it, sometimes. Dumb paying for the fees but I use it for convenience, a few times a year. WM not my favorite place.  I don't think all "cash advances are bad". .?

Are there fees for getting cash at the register with a purchase? 

I've not used this feature yet with my Sam's Club MasterCard, but I always thought it would work like Discover's 'cash over' feature, in that it would be like a purchase.  In the past with a HSBC Discover card the 'cash over' amount was simply combined with the purchase, with the combined amount shown on the statement as a single transaction.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@jeffery581 wrote:

WM MC 5k limit. 1K cash advance. I use it, sometimes. Dumb paying for the fees but I use it for convenience, a few times a year. WM not my favorite place.  I don't think all "cash advances are bad". .?

I've not used this feature yet with my Sam's Club MasterCard, but I always thought it would work like Discover's 'cash over' feature, in that it would be like a purchase.  In the past with a HSBC Discover card the 'cash over' amount was simply combined with the purchase, with the combined amount shown on the statement as a single transaction.

No fees at all associated with getting cash back on either Walmart card or Sam's Mastercard. It's a nice feature of both cards. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not even showing a cash limit. (Store card)

OTOH, for the first time in months, the chat option is there.  Now that I don't need it, of course. Smiley Wink

It's on your statement. You can't see it on online summary page. View last statement online and you will see it.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeffery581 wrote:

What fee? I used this feature about a year ago and I didn't have a fee. 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@jeffery581 wrote:

I didn't have a fee, but I PIF before my statement cut. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I will use the feature again this month but I won't PIF before the statement generates to see what happens.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no fees at all on both Sam's and Walmart cards to get cash back in a Walmart or Sam's Club, no matter when you pay your bill.

You would of course accumulate interest if you allowed the balance to progress into the next statement period. I think people are confusing fees and interest here. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in a bad spot currently. Have I gotten cash back and paid Socal Edison and gas company? Yup worked beautifully. Watch your statement cut. It can work to your advantage.

Have I gotten cash back bought scratcher tickets? Nope I'm in a bad spot, not desperate.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.