Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU Approved!

tag
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

WAMU Approved!

I applied yesterday and received the famous "2-4 weeks" message. I called this morning and they finalized my application and said I was approved for $1500. That's not huge for a lot of people but for ME it's great! Smiley Very Happy I finally feel like I'm getting things on track. Hopefully I'll have as good luck with WAMU as a lot of people on here claim to have had.

They pulled EX in Atlanta, GA. and my score is 661 as of 04/15.

Thanks forum! I definitely have a lot of you to thank.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU Approved!

Super Congrats myficomatt!!! Smiley Happy

It must feel good to finally be getting back on your
feet credit-wise. Most folks here in the forum are
very pleased with WAMU, so take great care of
that card and doors will start opening that you didn't
know existed. Smiley Happy

Once again, Congratulations on the new card! Smiley Very Happy

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"
Message 2 of 11
glamchick
Established Contributor

Yay congrats!!!!  I just got mine in the mail.  It takes about a week to get.
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 11
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

Thanks you all! I'm trying to decide if I should APP for another card while I'm at it or just call it quits for now. Any ideas? Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again Matt, Smiley Happy

I guess it depends how many cards you have right now.

Opinions vary, but the magic number seems to be 3.
Just rotate the usage so that all of them are active. Smiley Happy

If you have more than 3 cards now, I'd focus on paying on time,
keeping util low and getting credit limit increases every 3-6 months. Smiley Happy

If you have less than 3 cards, keep apping until you have 3.
Then pay on time and focus on CLI's. Smiley Happy

Like I said, opinions vary. Smiley Wink

Congrats again on the card! Smiley Very Happy

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"

Message Edited by CanDoAttitude on 05-28-2008 06:47 AM

Message Edited by CanDoAttitude on 05-28-2008 06:49 AM
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I love WAMU, despite the negative publicity they get around here. Use the card wisely, and you will get CLI's.Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ishmael109 wrote:
Congrats!! I love WAMU, despite the negative publicity they get around here. Use the card wisely, and you will get CLI's.Smiley Happy

Me too!

They gave me a WaMu Real Rewards MC with $15K and 0% for 21 months when the most anyone else would give me was $2500.

I have no complaints about WaMu.  (Well, other than the lack of online statements.)

Message 7 of 11
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

So for you WAMU alumni, what do you think is the best way I should use the card for a good chance of CLI?
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure about WAMU's forumla, and everyone's situation is different. I have always carried a balance, and paid it off within 3-6 months on this card. I got the card in 2006, with a starting credit line of 11K. I'm now up to a 15,500 CL I believe. In 2005, I started paying off a TON of CC debt. I used this card for all of the low rate balance transfer offers. I currently have a balance of 2,500 on it, that I will have paid off in Oct. This is the only CC balance I have at present, so my total utilization is very low.

I've been increased once every 6 months. Pay on time, and pay more than the minimum due, and I think you'll be good to go.Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Sad Im Blacklisted Smiley Sad   Come on WAMU, i was 18 years old when i had that Providian Card, and its paided OFF!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.