Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU CLOSED MY CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU CLOSED MY CC

Hello all

Yesterday I recieved a letter from WAMU, they are closing my account for not using

I havent used it for 7 months,

Had the CC for 10 months, but they stated they will close it in a positive notive to the CRA's

What does that mean?, 

I called them they said to call during regular buisness hours when back offices are open

I pulled my TU to see how it was stated, but still open

By the way my TU fico went up to 706

EXP  702    TU  706      EQ  672

LOL 700 club for two cra's one more to go

racking up pionts on my Citi cash rewards card just to see my FICO , getting expensive

laters all
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU CLOSED MY CC

You got to spread the love around-

As WAMU does not have online statements- it cost them money to have inactive accounts- use it or lose it.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not used my Wamu card since November of 2007, but I pay my $7.95 credit protection fee every month.  Do you think they will close my card???  I know, I need to order some Japanese takeout soon.
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Timothy wrote:

As WAMU does not have online statements- it cost them money to have inactive accounts- use it or lose it.

So you can't see your statements online? Can you see you balance or transactions online? Can you pay online?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:

Timothy wrote:

So you can't see your statements online? Can you see you balance or transactions online? Can you pay online?

Yes, you can see balances and transactions online.  You can also see information for past/current statements, and you can pay online.

What you cannot see online is your APR information (there is no way to view an online copy of a paper statement, so to speak), and they also do not let you opt out of paper statements at all.

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

llecs wrote:

Timothy wrote:

Yes, you can see balances and transactions online.  You can also see information for past/current statements, and you can pay online.

What you cannot see online is your APR information (there is no way to view an online copy of a paper statement, so to speak), and they also do not let you opt out of paper statements at all.

OK. Good. I was about to add them to my Banned CC list.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.