Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU / Chase removing free fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU / Chase removing free fico

Yeah I just got my electronic message today, that was the main reason I got the WAMU. The president of Chase or someone in authority, says it will stop in March but they will look at it and consider offering it at a later date. All of us Wamu's should not purchase their credit monitoring service and email the hell out of them, letting them know we will be switching to a CC that will provide a free FICO. It couldnt hurt plus it will make us feel better.

Message 11 of 13
texasbill
Established Member

Seeing these changes reminds me of the old WAMU ads with the "Banker's Pen"... I think the Bankers are getting their revenge on WAMU's "we're not like a bank" culture. $7 a month service - sounds like a typical bank fee to me.

Message 12 of 13
Susyflower
New Contributor

Sorry to threadjack for bit but check out this little gem of an email I got regarding my Wamu PetSmart PetPerks Visa.  Thanks for nothing Chase!

January 23, 2009

Dear Valued PetSmart PetPerks Visa Cardholder,

As you may know, certain assets held by Washington Mutual, our partner for the PetSmart® PetPerks® Visa®, were purchased by JP Morgan Chase. This transaction included all of the credit card accounts that were part of the PetSmart PetPerks Visa program. Chase has decided not to support the PetSmart PetPerks credit card.

We have been proud to offer our pet parents this valuable credit card program and we sincerely regret that we are not able to continue to do so at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. It is our understanding Chase will soon offer you the opportunity to convert your PetSmart PetPerks Visa into a Chase credit card if you wish to continue using the card. We expect you will hear from Chase in the future concerning their plans.

In the meantime, if you have questions regarding your PetSmart PetPerks Visa or the rewards points you have earned, please call Chase at
1-800-280-0561. If you would like to redeem your points under the PetSmart PetPerks Visa program for a PetSmart gift card, cash back, statement credits or travel as outlined in the program, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible.

Because your PetSmart PetPerks Visa card also serves as your PetPerks card, we will be sending you a PetPerks package with your new PetPerks card and offers for you to use in store.

You can continue to use the PetPerks number on the back of your PetPerks Visa card until your new PetPerks card arrives. As always, if you have questions regarding the PetSmart PetPerks program, please call us at
1-888-PetPerks.

Thank you for your continued loyalty.

Sincerely,
Mary Miller
Mary Miller
Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.