Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU Credit Limit Increase

tag
ficus
Regular Contributor

Re: WAMU Credit Limit Increase

In the past 4 years of using the card, what has your typical util been? And what's the current credit limit on it?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ficus said:

"WAMU seems to definitely deliver on their promise to give a CLI without request. $1-2K CLIs every 3 months after the first 6 months is quite decent. Definitely makes your easier to keep your util for this card at 1-10% even as your spending increases. Mind telling what your typical util on this card during this 2 year period was? This should further shed some light on WAMU's rationale for such generous CLIs. In the very least, it should prove that they're just crazy. :-) I also want to know if you've ever had to disclose OR prove your income to WAMU.

Message Edited by ficus on 10-14-2007 09:54 PM "

Ficus - I've never disclosed income or requested a CLI out right. During the initial year my utilization was between 20-30%, over the past year its never gone above 10%. They seem to be my only credit card that actually does regular CLIs - go figure...
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficus wrote:
In the past 4 years of using the card, what has your typical util been? And what's the current credit limit on it?

I've been at 2000 since I got the card and there were times I even had a $1000 credit on the account. I barely use the card and when I make big purchases I pay it off in 1-2 months. But I haven't used it for anything big in a long time.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

EddieX - that stinks!

Also, I must add that my card began as a Providian PADI Card (before WaMu bought them out) - so that might have something to do with it?
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irony...mine was one also.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same bad experience with WaMu.  Had the card for nearly 3 years with no CLI.  No late payments, always pay more than minimum, and credit score increasing monthly - currently 665. Raised my APR from 18% to 27% with no explanation. Even paid it off twice.

Message Edited by iramback on 10-16-2007 08:14 PM
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.