Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU Invite

tag
2anewu
Regular Contributor

WAMU Invite

Well I have been out of the forums for awhile and need some advice on the WAMU invite. I have 3 CC with balances and now the 0% interest rate is over and they are going up. We paid them off but had to use them. So I was wondering if I should apply for the WAMU CC and xfer my balances to get 0% for six months. I just worry about the inquiry.

Citi Plat $1800
Citi Pro $2200
Juniper $200 ( will pay off this month)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU Invite

2anewu wrote:
Well I have been out of the forums for awhile and need some advice on the WAMU invite. I have 3 CC with balances and now the 0% interest rate is over and they are going up. We paid them off but had to use them. So I was wondering if I should apply for the WAMU CC and xfer my balances to get 0% for six months. I just worry about the inquiry.

Citi Plat $1800
Citi Pro $2200
Juniper $200 ( will pay off this month)

So are you saying u was pre approved if so like it has be stated here before pre approved doesn't always mean you will get approved. Also do u feel like you need a extra line of credit.
Message 2 of 8
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Well they sent the invite in a statement "A special invitation..." and no I really do not need the extra credit. I was just looking at it as a means to and end. Zero interest to pay them off faster. I am just a little anxious because I have to start all over again--paying them down. I know you should not apply for credit that you don't need but that rate was just calling to me.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is easy to get into the BT game and never get out.  When you spend too much time and money in fees with BT, it defeats the purpose.  I would recommend just working to pay it off as is.  Plus you want your account to age and show good usage so people who constantly are doing BT's can in alot of ways hurt themselves more than help.  That said, each person's situation is different. 
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

>>> Zero interest to pay them off faster.

I have a WaMu cc n' if your BT terms read like mine, I would advise to DON'T DO IT !!

'''There is a balance transfer fee of 5.00% of each balance you transfer with a minimum of $5.00 and a maximum of $150.00 per transfer.'''

I think a $150 dollar fee is quite excessive in my book.

Plus word of caution, good ole' WaMu slapped me with their 26% default rate this past spring for taking their card to within 1-grand of it's $17,660 CL from a home improvement project I was doing. I'd had a zero balance on the thing since '05, didn't miss any payments (three before the RJ) and they still RJ'd me.

I don't feel the Woo-hoo from WaMu ...

Message 5 of 8
Uniqua
Established Contributor

If you don't carry balances, the rate jack should mean nothing to you as 26% of nothing is nothing!
Message 6 of 8
2anewu
Regular Contributor

A BIG thank you to everyone!!! I will just do it the old way ---step by step---or payment by payment.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

>>> If you don't carry balances, the rate jack should mean nothing to you as 26% of nothing is nothing!

I see WaMu made the news today. If I read that news right, It looks like their money borrowing costs are in the upper 20%-interest range also. I wonder how long it'll be before they turn into the next IndyMac n' end up with a 'Federal Bank' moniker??

Yes I paid that card off and now since they Pi##sed me off with the rj, I'll be one of those free-loaders the CCC dislike so much. I'll use the card to pay for my day-to-day expenses like gas n' groceries n' such ...

I figure the with the WaMu rewards points, the little fee's n' short term interest payments on their part from my card use will soon equal the extra interest the charged me ... Smiley Happy

The only balance I carry is a 0% BT on my Cap-One card.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.