cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU/Providian notified of APR increase,if Close Account, how does that affect FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU/Providian notified of APR increase,if Close Account, how does that affect FICO

APR began with 15%, but the business partner of 13yrs turned to drugs and I lost every material thing I had except my car and my 4 kids, so it was survival. Taught me to look for the best in everything - hence the question -what's the best thing to do with this issue. I have a good job and will be working second job during tax season. So I can overcome this, just need to understand all options for now and the future.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU/Providian notified of APR increase,if Close Account, how does that affect FICO

Scorebetter wrote:
APR began with 15%, but the business partner of 13yrs turned to drugs and I lost every material thing I had except my car and my 4 kids, so it was survival. Taught me to look for the best in everything - hence the question -what's the best thing to do with this issue. I have a good job and will be working second job during tax season. So I can overcome this, just need to understand all options for now and the future.

Now THAT I understand..  Sorry if that sounded harsh but after crunching the numbers, my eyes kinda bugged out.  Okay, in my case I would go to www.whogavemecredit.com  and see who offers credit in my score bracket.   I would apply for anyone that had a 3.99 or better BT deal and include the WaMu on the app.  If the decision were not instant I would go to the next.

This is a dangerous game but like you said survival.  If all else fails I would close the card and worry about my FICO later.

Might have helped had I put the .com om the link

Message Edited by Brammy on 11-18-2007 06:10 PM
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really should finish a thought.  You might want to try your local CU and explain that you will want to close the WaMu card if you can get the balance off of it.  Then close if approved.
Message 13 of 14
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Call back WaMu and get a supervisor.  Tell them you are BTing every penny and then closing the account unless they reduce your current APR.  Time to get hardball with them.  Don't close the card yet.

Cap1 may only start you with a $300 limit but every bit helps.  Consider getting a small personal loan or line of credit at your bank.

Try the Cap1 and HSBC pre-approval online forms.  No hard INQ with either and it will show you what you might be able to get.

Do you have room on any of those other cards to BT anything off of WaMu?  Call them and see if they can do CLIs due to you being unhappy with WaMu and 'happy with them'.  Tell them you want to close the WaMu card if they can assist you.  Anything is worth trying.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.