cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU bought by chase - how will that affect my credit card accounts with both companies?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU bought by chase - how will that affect my credit card accounts with both companies?

I have a WAMU credit card with a horrible APR that I never use except to get me free pfico, or if I know I will pay it off as soon as it appears on my account.

I also have a  Chase rewards card that I love. I always pay the balance and just reap the rewards.

Since JP Morgan Chase just bought WAMU, can they consolidate the  2 into one account, or will they keep them separate? I would hate to lose the terms of my Chase. Any chance that my small baddie on WAMU could case a Chase ratejack since they now own that account too???
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU bought by chase - how will that affect my credit card accounts with both companies?

What will happen in the future, one can only guess. However, according to the websites, for right now everything is remaning separate. 

Conceivably, once the conversion is complete, I would guess, though I don't know for sure, that you will be able to combine your Wamu card with your existing Chase card. 

I know, from my personal experience, what happens on one Chase card can affect another Chase card, but if and when that happens, one can only guess.
Message 2 of 3
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: WAMU bought by chase - how will that affect my credit card accounts with both companies?

ace9848 wrote:
I have a WAMU credit card with a horrible APR that I never use except to get me free pfico, or if I know I will pay it off as soon as it appears on my account.

I also have a  Chase rewards card that I love. I always pay the balance and just reap the rewards.

Since JP Morgan Chase just bought WAMU, can they consolidate the  2 into one account, or will they keep them separate? I would hate to lose the terms of my Chase. Any chance that my small baddie on WAMU could case a Chase ratejack since they now own that account too???

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.