cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU converted to Chase Credit Card Users....

tag
joy1979
Valued Member

WAMU converted to Chase Credit Card Users....

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if the people who had WAMU, which then became Chase have all received their updated credit cards. I'm curious because I have two accounts with Chase (WAMU) and I've only received one card. Just thought I'd check here before I called and stirred them up Smiley Happy

"When you know better you do better"
Maya Angelou
Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU converted to Chase Credit Card Users....

No, I haven't received a new card.  I hadn't thought about it until you posted this because mine is sock-drawered...  I seem to remember a letter around that time stating new cards would be issued at the expiration date of current card.  I could be imagining this, so someone else will hopefully confirm Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I just go replacement debit card.
Message 3 of 11
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I can confim that. I also have a Wamu card, and chase said they won't give me a new chase card until the expiration date. I am sure they will prolly review your account around that time as well, so make sure you have charged something recently, and also don't have a high balance on the card.

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No, I haven't received a new card.  I hadn't thought about it until you posted this because mine is sock-drawered...  I seem to remember a letter around that time stating new cards would be issued at the expiration date of current card.  I could be imagining this, so someone else will hopefully confirm Smiley Happy

+1 Confirmed.

(I doubt that I'll ever see the new card, 'cause I'm not using the old one anymore...even though they've tempted me to charge my brains out by cutting my CL by over $20K, and raising my rate to 22.24%).

Message 5 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yep, same here - I have two of these, they have not been updated since the conversion - the cards are wamu, both expire next year.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received Debit Card.  It was used to be WaMu Debit MasterCard, and now Chase Debit Visa.  Moreover, with this Debit Visa you can earn the pts too.

I have WaMu Platinum Master Card, and they have not send a new card for this one yet.   But it does not have any name on this card other than credit card at on line.  And this card was 0% APR for 12 months and it just changed to as follows.  This is lowest APR cc compare to other ccs I have with Chase. 

APR     As Of   01/25/2010         Purchase APR   7.24%         Cash APR   19.99%
Message Edited by bunnyrabbit on 03-03-2010 02:27 PM
Message 7 of 11
stefanc
Regular Contributor

I ordered a replacement card online after the conversion - they sent replacement chase card no questions asked (generic gray-ish color). I also after many attempts was able to "upgrade" to a Chase "perfectcard", same plastic though.

Now on to what you really asked....

My WAMU experation is up this month and they sent me a new card with new exp date about a month ago...

DW just got a new card with new exp date last week (her wamu expires next month I think).

Message 8 of 11
gmanuel71
Valued Member

Speak of the devil.  My WAMU card expires next month and my New chase card just arrived in the mail today.  It has the same number as the WAMU card with just a plain blue chase background.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, i have two cards, one of which is providian/wamu/chase.  I got mine quite awhile ago.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.