Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU credit score

I have had wamu for about 18 months. I have viewed my scores and never thought much of them until I started the myfico score watch. Has anyone else noticed the difference in scores range from 30-40 points. Why is this?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU credit score

Do you mean the PFICO goes up and down in 30 to 40 point swings? or it differs from you score here st myFICO 30 to 40 points?

I know the PFICO is very sensitive to inquries, new accounts and utilization- mine went up 30+ points this month

my UTL is not down much from 30 days ago (what is being reported) and my lates are hitting 2 years old soon. Still does not explain 30 points.   

ihatefico wrote:
I have had wamu for about 18 months. I have viewed my scores and never thought much of them until I started the myfico score watch. Has anyone else noticed the difference in scores range from 30-40 points. Why is this?

Message 2 of 12
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

jmbfl wrote:
For everyone's reference:

PFICO reported today (as of 01SEP08) = 680 [+16]
TU FICO (as of 15SEP08, from transunioncs) = 714

My further comment is that my chart is messed up for the last two months. Am I the only one?

I think he means like this...
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 THINGS-
1. The PFICO is up to a month behind
2. PFICO places more weight on CC's.
3. PFICO is more sensitive to new accounts, INQ's and utilization than the classic FICO.

jmbfl wrote:

jmbfl wrote:
For everyone's reference:

PFICO reported today (as of 01SEP08) = 680 [+16]
TU FICO (as of 15SEP08, from transunioncs) = 714

My further comment is that my chart is messed up for the last two months. Am I the only one?

I think he means like this...

Message 4 of 12
GFer
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info, Timothy!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

my scores differ 30-40 points from the my fico version. Mostly, the pfico are higher. For the last two months they have gone up nearlly 30 pts each time. I would love it if it were true, but I doubt it. I also agree that mine have been odd for august and september.
Message 6 of 12
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
my scores differ 30-40 points from the my fico version. Mostly, the pfico are higher. For the last two months they have gone up nearlly 30 pts each time. I would love it if it were true, but I doubt it. I also agree that mine have been odd for august and september.

Very nice increase on your PFico score. Well, as you know, it is a credit card account weighted FICO score, so it actually does carry some weight with the CC industry, so you should do the little happy dance. It's not like it's a FAKO from TC. Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 12
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Timothy wrote:
3 THINGS-
1. The PFICO is up to a month behind
2. PFICO places more weight on CC's.
3. PFICO is more sensitive to new accounts, INQ's and utilization than the classic FICO.

I my case the difference is mainly due to new accounts and I know that. The slug for new accounts is pretty severe, but the recovery is pretty quick (six months or so).
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are indeed different scoring formulas. While many if not most of the scoring is similar they definitely have strong personality differences with specific actions.

Example on my credit bucket/profile.
FICO rewards me for large lump sum UTL PIF.
PFICO dings me for large lump sum UTL PIF.

I'm glad I learned this because that's when I get hit with CLDs. It makes sense now if my score was tanking after that. I use both FICO and PFICO scores to stay out of the radar of my lenders fearful eye. If PFICO drops too much I slow what I am doing down. There are many other differences too like how installments are scored in.

Sometimes my PFICO is higher and sometimes lower. The biggest change was around -70 at one point. Now my 2 scores are about equal. My FICO is pretty steady but my PFICO is up and down all the time.
Message 9 of 12
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Intresting. when Chase buys WAMU what it is going to do with free PFICO?
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.