Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU help

Does anyone have any info on how to get in contact with someone on the phone who can actually make a decision and not read off a screen or out of a handbook?

I asked what does it take to get an increase and this CSR said timely payments and not going over the limit. I have never went over mine, I have paid it on time. For a month I carried a $1000+ credit on the account.

4 years of a very high variable APR and not one increase does have it's breaking point.

She said they can't contact the department that reviews accounts which I think is a load of............

Any help is appreciated.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU help

I will say don't hold your breath.  That is about par for the course.  WaMu either increases or doesn't increase and no amount of will power seems to alter that.
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

There has to be some way to get through to them. They repied to one of my messages 2 months ago with the same answer, including paying more than the minimum which I do every month.

Guess it's a another case of getting things done...the ski mask way.
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very HappyWe are seriously going to have to have a sit down about your ski mask thing Eddie
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whether it's going over someone's head or upside their head...whatever gets it done Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had great suggsess with WAMU  started out at 1,000 two years ago and now 5,000.
have had an increase every six months. Pluse got the 1% cash back. We'll see what happens this month as another six months is up.

Woody
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent them an email using the online system. Copy is below:

Date: 12/27/2007
Subject: Credit Limit

What does one have to do to get a credit limit increase with Wamu? I have had my card since March 2006 at the same limit of $1500 at 24.99% APR - never an increase. I have not been treated this way with my other credit products from major lenders. I have cards that have $5000 limits and APR's as low as 9.99%.

I am about ready to send a letter to Mr. Anthony Vuoto and ask him.

Please advise.

That email prompted someone in their credit department to call me at home the other day and advise me that they are giving me a $500 CLI and lowering my APR by 15% to 9.9%. She even gave me her direct number to call if I should have any problems in the future. I am hoping that now my card my finally see periodic increases that I see others in the forum receive. I sent the email because I could never get past a CSR who read from a script on the phone. Perhaps dropping Vuoto's name also helped.

EddieX - check your private messages.

Message Edited by Watson1225 on 01-05-2008 02:24 PM
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Watson1225 wrote:
I sent them an email using the online system. Copy is below:

Date: 12/27/2007
Subject: Credit Limit

What does one have to do to get a credit limit increase with Wamu? I have had my card since March 2006 at the same limit of $1500 at 24.99% APR - never an increase. I have not been treated this way with my other credit products from major lenders. I have cards that have $5000 limits and APR's as low as 9.99%.

I am about ready to send a letter to Mr. Anthony Vuoto and ask him.

Please advise.

That email prompted someone in their credit department to call me at home the other day and advise me that they are giving me a $500 CLI and lowering my APR by 15% to 9.9%. She even gave me her direct number to call if I should have any problems in the future. I am hoping that now my card my finally see periodic increases that I see others in the forum receive. I sent the email because I could never get past a CSR who read from a script on the phone. Perhaps dropping Vuoto's name also helped.

EddieX - check your private messages.

Message Edited by Watson1225 on 01-05-2008 02:24 PM

Wow!!  Congrats!  I can't complain because WaMu has ben very generous with me with the CLIs. The one time I feel they missed me (I'm not sure they did at the 18 mos mark), I can admit that I had opened several accounts in the previous 6 mos as well as had a bit mroe indebtedness due to personal issues and the holidays.

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So those who get the increases are getting them every 6 months? They owe me about 8 increases...
Message 9 of 27
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Eddie:  How about you and I team up on the ski-mask gig and take care of some business?

I'm about to unload on Lowes.,......Smiley Mad
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.