Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU scores vs creditsecure.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU scores vs creditsecure.

Now that I have a WAMU card is there any reason for me to keep the creditsecure with AMEX?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU scores vs creditsecure.

chiwise, the score you see on your WaMu account page, although it IS a FICO score, it's weighted for cc's. It's called a PFICO score, and it will not match up(in most circumstances), with the FICO score you get here.

Don't you get something besides just scores with Amex's creditsecure? I really don't know, not having that service and not having an Amex cc.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

chiwiseguy wrote:
Now that I have a WAMU card is there any reason for me to keep the creditsecure with AMEX?

They are completely different types of products.

WaMu PFICO is a bankcard-enhanced FICO updated monthly, with no access to your actual reports.

CS is a daily puller (for reports) that also provides PLUS scores for all three CRAs (whatever those are worth).  It also provides you with an actual EX report number that you can use to see your soft inquiries.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im kinda intrested in Wamu do they give high starting credit limits?

The fico score sounds cool too!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi alaskan, welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

They are like any lender, it all depends on what you have on your credit report. The fewer the baddies the better your opening cl, if you are approved.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob:::

Thanks for the info and the welcome!!!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW Alaskan, I LUV WaMU.  They havebeen generous with the CLIs for me.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

that fico score from WAMU is great but a month behind.  comes from TU.  for instance my fico tu is 727 and my wamu is 740.  Still it is free. LOL

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.