cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU to CHASE Freedom or PerfectCard backdoor, even if you were turned down previously.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU to CHASE Freedom or PerfectCard backdoor, even if you were turned down previously.

If you want to change your WAMU credit card to a Chase Rewards (Freedom or Perfect Card) call 800.945.2004.

NO hard pull, polite, helpful CSR's. 

If you want proof this number works, read this thread. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=151760&view=by_date_as... 

Kudos out to Rebs6767 (OP of the thread link above) because I was able to convert my WAMU nothing Visa to a Chase Freedom Plus in about 90 seconds, no problems, no hassles.  Got my card yesterday (only 1 week).

And you will see that tons of people are having the same result with the Back Door Number provided by Rebs6767 even when they were PREVIOUSLY TURNED DOWN calling other numbers.

I have asked SCAMP to update the Backdoor Numbers thread with this number for Chase.

Message Edited by txjohn on 04-07-2009 11:58 AM
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: convert your WAMU to a CHASE FREEDOM REWARD, even if you were turned down previously.

hi txjohn,

I have a few questions,

Do they need my Wamu CC # or can they pull my file with my SSN#? I have sock-drawered my WAMU card and rarely use it but would like to convert it...

Do they run my credit for the conversion?

Message 2 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: convert your WAMU to a CHASE FREEDOM REWARD, even if you were turned down previously.

I had my CC number when I called, so I recommend having it.... 

My PC did not result in any hard or soft pull.  And they didn't ask any qualifying questions.  Read the thread link I posted for a better understanding of general results of various experiences.  This will give you a better picture than just a single experience, such as mine!

The short story is:  many, many people who had been told NO or NOT ELIGIBLE were able to successfully convert without problems at this number.  I checked the BACKDOOR number thread and this number is not posted.

I have asked scamp to include it because of its stellar results in WAMU conversion to Chase Rewards.

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 04-07-2009 06:50 AM
Message 3 of 48
Scamp
Valued Contributor

txjohn wrote:

I had my CC number when I called, so I recommend having it.... 

My PC did not result in any hard or soft pull.  And they didn't ask any qualifying questions.  Read the thread link I posted for a better understanding of general results of various experiences.  This will give you a better picture than just a single experience, such as mine!

The short story is:  many, many people who had been told NO or NOT ELIGIBLE were able to successfully convert without problems at this number.  I checked the BACKDOOR number thread and this number is not posted.

I have asked scamp to include it because of its stellar results in WAMU conversion to Chase Rewards.

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 04-07-2009 06:50 AM

Okay, okay - I added it, I added it!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the heads-up, tj. Smiley Wink 

And congrats on the successful PC, too.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 48
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Just did the product change myself from WaMu to the Perfect card. I was asked a few security questions and before answering them I verified that this wasn't going to be a hard pull on my credit. CSR, said something like "oh no...we just need to verify your identity before being able to access your WaMu account"

I said I'd like a product change to a rewards card and I'd heard good things about the Perfect card. She said "we can add the Perfect card benefits to your current card and the rewards will start on Friday and that there won't be a new account number." I told her I'd like a new card because my current card is a little dinged up and doesn't always read properly when swiped. She said no problem, we'll send you out a new card in 3-5 business days.

Very easy process indeed. I just hope they send me a new Perfect card and not a new WaMu card....

Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 5 of 48
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

When I had my WaMu card converted to a Perfect card two weeks ago, they sent me a new Chase. It looks pretty nice in my opinion.

@ficonovice wrote:

Very easy process indeed. I just hope they send me a new Perfect card and not a new WaMu card....

Message 6 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Txjohn

I got my card converted to Free Cash Rewards Smiley Very Happy

I didnt need my Acc #. the nice CSR was able to pull my acc with my SSN...

I am going to start using my WAMU card now!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad it worked.

But I can't take credit...Reb6767 originally posted the number after numerous calls to Chase attempting it till a CSR gave that number.

I'm just sharing the info that I benefited from.

P.S.  I converted to the Chase Freedom Plus which they told me would change my card number, but once I got it, it appears to be the same number.

Also, when they send new cards, it WILL BE a Chase card, not WAMU.

Message 8 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scamp!  I'd hate to see this magic number lost once this thread gets buried in the mass of forum threads Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

So there is a possibility to get Freedom Plus, Cash Rewards, and Perfect? Which one should we all try to get? I've already have a Freedom, but I heard they cap the rewards to the first six months to new customers. Cash Rewards card? I have never heard of it. Perfect card? Sounds pretty good even better than Freedom for those new customers.

Message Edited by Eiso on 04-07-2009 11:54 AM
Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.