cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU to CHASE Freedom or PerfectCard backdoor, even if you were turned down previously.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU to CHASE Freedom or PerfectCard backdoor, even if you were turned down previously.

If you generally or occassionally carry a balance, then the Freedom and other reward products may not be the best choice.  Reward cards usually carry higher APR's.

Also, the rewards only add up when you roll purchases, meaning spend then PIF or pay off quickly.  Spending your normal monthly expenditures and then PIF gives you the best reward results and you pay no interest.

For longer term balances, the rewards do very little and you pay the higher APR.  If you have 9.99% and want to keep it, you probably should avoid changing it, because the minimum APR for Freedom and other cards is higher than that.

Message 21 of 48
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Re: WAMU to CHASE Freedom or PerfectCard backdoor, even if you were turned down previously.

I have called the backdoor number twice.  The first time, the CSR said my account wasn't eligible at this time and to try again in a few months, so I hung up and called back.  The second CSR said she has never heard of the PerfectCard, and told me to wait and call back in a month or two.  I didn't want to be too pushy as I have a BK7 from 11/05, and I'm lucky to even have a Chase card!   I decided to go into my local branch to ask.  The gentleman who helped me also had never heard of the PerfectCard!  Anyway, he dialed his supervisor and my card was changed from the grey plain jane MC to the PerfectCard!  They did ask me a few questions for verification... I told them I did not want a hard pull.  Said my rewards would start in 3 days!  WooHoo!   
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 22 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

GREAT into!  Sometimes it's not the "back door" number that will get what you want, but the "front door" of your local branch! Smiley Happy 

Congrats!  And good job on persisting and not giving up. Smiley Happy  I think this is a great lesson....when you call in, remember that the person you are speaking to may not have the information or knowledge that you need....but someone else will.

Message 23 of 48
dizzier
Established Contributor

Done and done! My PerfectCard is in the mail. Sadly I do not qualify for the Freedom plus card. Smiley Sad

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 24 of 48
keithc
Regular Contributor

i called the backdoor# 800.945.2004 to get product change and was told by csr that it would be a hard pull for me!! did not do it- need to raise scores- EQ is mid 6's!!
Message 25 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call back and talk to another....there have been several cases where someone was told "no" or "not available" and merely called immediately back 1-2 times and finally got somebody who said "no problem."

One post said that going to their local branch was able to get the PC to PerfectCard.

Message 26 of 48
keithc
Regular Contributor

will do txjohn, thanks for the info!!! But i do not want a hard pull on EQ. that report is very clean!!
Message 27 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know if you succeed Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 48
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I received my new Chase Freedom in the mail last week with no work on my end at all. They simply converted me and sent out a new card.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 29 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Lisa is on the move Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.