Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: WAMU to CHASE Freedom or PerfectCard backdoor, even if you were turned down previously.

nope, but i recently came across a few posts which indicated the chase amazon is one that is typically eligible for PC.  sorry for the TJ post.
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Valued Member
Rick9972

Re: WAMU to CHASE Freedom or PerfectCard backdoor, even if you were turned down previously.

I tried the backdoor and was told my Wamu card was not eligible for anything?
Senior Contributor
txjohn

I would try again.  There have been several reported posts that if they called back a couple times, usually by the third call the CSR said yes....so it appears that who you talk to at the number in this thread is part of the equation sometimes.

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Valued Member
headoutofthesand

I too have the WAMU Platinum Visa, since 11/07.  If I use the backdoor and get accepted for the Perfect or Freedom card, will this continue my card aging as 11/07 or restart with a 2009 open date and close my WAMU card?

Sorry if this question has already been answered.  I have never done a product change or transfer before and I will be applying for my first mortgage within the next 6 months.

THX

Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

You will keep the original opening date of the WAMU card plus all history.
Valued Member
headoutofthesand

Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

I just used the backdoor number and I was able to get my choice of three different Freedom cards!  Whoo hoo!

Since joining the board I have increase my scores from the low 500's to almost 700!  Thanks to all!

oneeighty

On the 3rd attempt in the past week (all different days) I called this morning and stated my account has been open since 2001. I started with Providian Platinum which converted to WaMu Platinum a couple years ago and I've never had any rewards associated with my account. Note, I didn't ask what other cards were available but just simply what rewards were available.  Almost without batting an eye she offered the Perfect Card and two other reward cards with AFs. Naturally, I took the no AF Perfect Card. The other difference today was I called early in the morning PST vs. later in the afternoon. Perhaps the CSRs aren't worn down yet in the morning? Haha!

Definitely a lesson in persistence. Kudos for the backdoor number!

Valued Member
Rick9972

Well I tried again, and was refused.  However, the CSR was very nice and told me why. (account not old enough)

Told me to keep paying and to call back in two months and he would set me up.  (Account is only 6 months old)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+