cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB BANK/DFS went to inactive but increased CL+500 ???

tag
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

WEB BANK/DFS went to inactive but increased CL+500 ???

It looks like Dell is about to close my account...  I think???  It shows listed as a closed account in the summary section at TC.. What is really odd is that they also increased the credit limit at the same time they made it inactive.  Any ideas why they would make it inactive and increase the CL at the same time?  I am trying to decide if it is worth it to charge a small amount on it just get it active again.  I actually wonder if I have two many accounts right now (active 17 - closed 10)  so no love lost really if they do close it. Plus the rate on the card was never that great and I can usually find stuff cheaper not buying direct from dell.   Should I just let it go?

This is from true credit TU. Has not updated yet on the other 2 reports.   Any idea how it will impact my score?  Doesn't seem to impact the FAKO score so far.

WEB BANK/DFS

Old info      New INFO

Condition          Open          Paid

Balance             0                  0

Pay Status         Current       Current

Limit                  1200           1700

Reported           6/30/10       8/31/10

Remarks            ----          Inactive Account

*Bought 1st Home on 7/11/07 thanks to myFICO Forums*

4/2013 - FICO: 685
Payment History: Great
Amt of Debt: Not Good
Length: Good
Amt of New Credit: Good

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

Re: WEB BANK/DFS went to inactive but increased CL+500 ???

I should also add my overall CL increases on open cards just went up this month as well :

new card - west elm   cl is 4000  reporting on all 3 now

old card     qvc/gemb  up by + 50 (not reporting change yet)

old card     discover   up by  +1500  (not reporting change yet)

So my actual overall CL's will have increased a total of  +4350 even with the -1200 loss from Dell.  Based on that I am also thinking I should just let them keep it inactive/closed since it won't really impact overall util.  I am carrying balances on three cards but will have them paid off by 1/11. The rates are 0% on 2 of them. The 3rd has a fairly low rate but should have that paid off in full next month.

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a similar issue but my account was closed since february.  They increased my credit limit from 4000 to 4600 according to true credit not sure what to make of it.

Message 3 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Dell Preferred/Webbank acct. also reporting 'inactive' status (on TU only so far IIRC) and 400 CLI from 1500 to 1900.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 9
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

Well nice to see I am not alone.  I wonder if web bank is getting ready to transfer the dell accounts to another company.  Just seems odd they would go inactive and increase CL at the same time.

Update:

I just called them and even escalated to a manager.  They state that my CL is the old CL and the account is still open and has never been inactive.  They said they would push an updaet but it will take up to 45 days.  I pushed to try and get them to update sooner but she said stood firm on this is the process and she can't do anything about it. She said to go ahead and just dispute with the CRA's which I am not going to do.  I guess I will see what happens next month.

Message 5 of 9
vtskier
Valued Member

Can anyone verify if dell/webbank tradelines currently report?

Message 6 of 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I just updated my creditkarma, and DFS/webbank still shows up...same CL, same limit...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 9
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

Have had a zero balance for about a year but still reporting, open, up to date.  Got this from myfico Score report I just pulled a few min ago.

Dfs/Webbk

Status as ofDate opened 
Date of last activity 
Credit limit 
Account Type 
Account holder 
Industry

Jan, 2013
Sep, 2005
Oct, 2012
$1,200
Revolving
Individual
Sales Financing

Message 8 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I assume they just up your limit so you'll be like "cool, lets buy a new computer."
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.