Contributor
mattmix36

WEMC Upgrade

Anyone have any luck being upgraded to a WEMC through BoA? My BoA BankAmericard is a World Mastercard, and was wondering how I can get the upgrade...

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k

Senior Contributor
B335is

Re: WEMC Upgrade

mattmix36 wrote:
Anyone have any luck being upgraded to a WEMC through BoA? My BoA BankAmericard is a World Mastercard, and was wondering how I can get the upgrade...

I'm interested to know as well.

Regular Contributor
acb5456

I actually called BofA about a month ago trying to convert my Cash Rewards World MasterCard to the WEMC and it was a no-go :smileysad: they told me they did not offer the World Elite. But possibly it could be a ymmv type thing or getting ahold of the right CSR? Fingers crossed.
CSP: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $3,000 | BofA Cash Rewards World MC: $10,000 | Discover IT: $9,000

FICO: TU-755 (Discover), EX-721 (Amex pull), EQ-723
Contributor
phonic

A little OT, but I ran into a similar issue with Citibank. I had an old "platinum" card with a nice $15k limit that had been sock drawered for a while. No real benefits and I used it once a year for $5, going on three years now. I called to see about a PC to something I might actually use. I spoke to a nice CSR who gave the rundown on some of their products, and I finally settled on the Dividend World MC. I still won't use it, but it looks better :smileyhappy:. Anyway, while I was speaking to her, I found that Citibank does have a World Elite version, but it's not really marketed anywhere. I asked the CSR about it, and even she wasn't familiar with the card. She did find it on her system, but said you could only get upgraded to it from a WMC, and since my current one wasn't, I could only go as high as the WMC level. She said I could try in 6 months for another upgrade, but since I still have no use for either version, I never got around to it.

While Visa Sigs are quite common, as are WMCs, you don't really see too many WEMCs. I don't think it's pushed much by Mastercard for some reason. If I'm not mistaken, it's more comparible to the Visa Infinite.

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}