Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEMC Upgrade

tag
mattmix36
Contributor

WEMC Upgrade

Anyone have any luck being upgraded to a WEMC through BoA? My BoA BankAmericard is a World Mastercard, and was wondering how I can get the upgrade...

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WEMC Upgrade

@mattmix36 wrote:
Anyone have any luck being upgraded to a WEMC through BoA? My BoA BankAmericard is a World Mastercard, and was wondering how I can get the upgrade...

I'm interested to know as well.

Message 2 of 4
acb5456
Regular Contributor

I actually called BofA about a month ago trying to convert my Cash Rewards World MasterCard to the WEMC and it was a no-go Smiley Sad they told me they did not offer the World Elite. But possibly it could be a ymmv type thing or getting ahold of the right CSR? Fingers crossed.
Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 3 of 4
phonic
Contributor

A little OT, but I ran into a similar issue with Citibank. I had an old "platinum" card with a nice $15k limit that had been sock drawered for a while. No real benefits and I used it once a year for $5, going on three years now. I called to see about a PC to something I might actually use. I spoke to a nice CSR who gave the rundown on some of their products, and I finally settled on the Dividend World MC. I still won't use it, but it looks better Smiley Happy. Anyway, while I was speaking to her, I found that Citibank does have a World Elite version, but it's not really marketed anywhere. I asked the CSR about it, and even she wasn't familiar with the card. She did find it on her system, but said you could only get upgraded to it from a WMC, and since my current one wasn't, I could only go as high as the WMC level. She said I could try in 6 months for another upgrade, but since I still have no use for either version, I never got around to it.

While Visa Sigs are quite common, as are WMCs, you don't really see too many WEMCs. I don't think it's pushed much by Mastercard for some reason. If I'm not mistaken, it's more comparible to the Visa Infinite.

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.