Regular Contributor
700orbust

WF CLI success

My best card, a WF Platinum with a $5,000 CL and 10.99% fixed, was paid down to about $230 last month. The statement closed yesterday, so I called in to get a replacement card, and asked about a CLI. the CSR said it was a soft inquiry, and asked my income and housing expenses. He said I can request a certain amount and the computer may respond with a counter.

I asked for a $3500 CLI and it responded with a $1500. Better than nothing I suppose, 30% increase, not too bad looking at it that way. I've had the card a little over 3 years, have never asked for a CLI and never received one.

Just thought I'd share.

P.S. On this same day I got a letter back from my GW on my WF Edu loans. Denied. Guess they had to keep things balanced :-)

------------------------------------------------
7/11: EQ: 724, TU: 720, EX 745ish (5/11 pull)

What's in my wallet?

Amex Blue Cash Preferred and Capital One Venture.
Regular Contributor

Re: WF CLI success

Good job! Not sure if you saw my post last week, but I did the same thing. They asked how much and I said $1000 because I only had a $2200 limit. Instant success. Some people were worried that it would be a hard pull because most CSRs don't know. I pulled a report yesterday with my CRM and there was not a hard pull. I have had mine for about 3 years and didn't think they would do $1000 because they just unsecured it in September.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}