Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Denial on Kirkland's but no INQ?

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

WF Denial on Kirkland's but no INQ?

During my mini app spree at the end of March I had applied in store for Kirklands (home decor) credit card.  I wish I would of applied when it was backed by GE, but now it is WF.  I have no experience with WF, but they denied me in the store .. I waited for the HP on my score watch but never got anything, yet I finally received the denial letter from WF last week.  

They denied me for serious delinquencies ( I do have some baddies 4+ years old), high UTIL, too many recent inquiries.  They also said that they based my score on my TU which per their records showed score of 639 from a range 0336 to 0843.  Is this TU fico they are using? 

Any one have any experience on them not pulling a hp?  I am not complainingSmiley Surprised, I certainly am in gardening mode but was still dumbfounded if I should not get my hopes up and maybe a matter of time before the inquiry shows up? 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: WF Denial on Kirkland's but no INQ?

@halos24 wrote:

During my mini app spree at the end of March I had applied in store for Kirklands (home decor) credit card.  I wish I would of applied when it was backed by GE, but now it is WF.  I have no experience with WF, but they denied me in the store .. I waited for the HP on my score watch but never got anything, yet I finally received the denial letter from WF last week.  

They denied me for serious delinquencies ( I do have some baddies 4+ years old), high UTIL, too many recent inquiries.  They also said that they based my score on my TU which per their records showed score of 639 from a range 0336 to 0843.  Is this TU fico they are using? 

Any one have any experience on them not pulling a hp?  I am not complainingSmiley Surprised, I certainly am in gardening mode but was still dumbfounded if I should not get my hopes up and maybe a matter of time before the inquiry shows up? 

They pulled TU, per the letter, not EQ.

Scorewatch only monitors EQ.

You've got a hard on your TU. Smiley Happy

336 - 843 sounds like a TU classic FICO. Don't know if it's TU98 or TU04, though.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Sorry I meant score watch Smiley Happy.

Message 3 of 9
BrickTime
Established Member

I applied for, and was denied a diamond store card backed by WF back in 3/2011. No HP ever went on any if the three CA's. I applied online, and never spoke to anyone on the phone. Not sure if it is just a SP online to first see if you meet their basic requirements before any HP.
Chase Southwest Airlines Signature Visa 18k, Wells Fargo Platinum Rewards 15.5k, Capital One Venture World MasterCard 8.5k, American Express PR Gold- NPSL, American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 8k, Home Depot 7k, Capital One Rewards 3.75k, Wells Fargo PLOC 10k. all 3 scores 735-740.
Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@halos24 wrote:
Sorry I meant score watch Smiley Happy.

I understand, but didn't you say that they based their score off your TU report? That means that they pulled TU, not Equifax.

Scorewatch doesn't monitor your TU report, or your EX (Experian) report either, for that matter. It only monitors your Equifax report.

So a hard inq on TU would never show on your EQ report, and so Scorewatch won't alert you.

If you'd been approved, once the new account showed up on your EQ, you would have gotten a Scorewatch alert for the presence of a new account. (Well, if it's working right, you would have.) But that's different from being alerted for a hard inq.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, now I will have to wait until I get a report in June to see.   

Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@halos24 wrote:

Thanks, now I will have to wait until I get a report in June to see.   

It gets horribly confusing, I know!

Message 7 of 9
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

If you already know how many inq you had on tu before this, then credit karma may be able to tell you. They are based on tu info, and will show you your total number of inq.
Message 8 of 9
halos24
Frequent Contributor

I have signed up for credit karma, and did also check no INQ there.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.