Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Secured CC Graduation

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

WF Secured CC Graduation

for those of you who said you've received invitations to convert your WF secured card to the WF platinum card, when you had the secured card did you carry a balance ? was it after your 12th statement closed that you received your invitation in the mail? did they increase your credit line at all after they converted your card?

im approaching the timeframe for hopefully receiving this inviation for the platinum card and these are all things i was wondering......hopefully i can get a decent cli and transfer oustanding balances.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

Re: WF Secured CC Graduation

Creditdrama,
I'm research prime secured cards right now and I was wondering what your experience was like with Wells Fargo?  Has it been a good one?  Any feedback you could give would be great, as I'm trying to add as much info to a blog on these cards as possible.

Thanks!  (and congrats on making it to graduation!  I hope they do it quickly for you!!)

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

my experience has been excellent! whenever i make a payment by phone, usually they update my available credit at the end of that day before the payment even post (so i can make additional purchases if i need to), i earn rewards and can view my point balance online, AND i have seen a few other people on here say that at 12 months they got an invitation in the mail for the platinum card.....

i noticed that WF has been doing soft checks on my credit, since im approach 12 months maybe this is how they see if you qualify.

i also have unsecured cards with Citi, CapOne, and Chase......and i think WF has had the best CustServ, with Citi second in line....

Message Edited by CreditDrama85 on 03-18-2008 03:46 PM
Message 3 of 9
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

This is very positive!  I've noticed that they seem to offer a good product.  I'll add a note on the blog that they were softing about once per month and that a cardholder reported a good experience.  It definitely tips things their way, in my mind.

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

CreditDrama85 wrote:
my experience has been excellent! whenever i make a payment by phone, usually they update my available credit at the end of that day before the payment even post (so i can make additional purchases if i need to), i earn rewards and can view my point balance online, AND i have seen a few other people on here say that at 12 months they got an invitation in the mail for the platinum card.....

i noticed that WF has been doing soft checks on my credit, since im approach 12 months maybe this is how they see if you qualify.

i also have unsecured cards with Citi, CapOne, and Chase......and i think WF has had the best CustServ, with Citi second in line....

Message Edited by CreditDrama85 on 03-18-2008 03:46 PM

Interesting. I did not know WFB is superior CS than Citi. What is the score required to WFB unsecure card? What is the score for their Secured Card?
Message 5 of 9
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

the score to convert is supposed to be 600 but ive read that they do not pull your CR so i wonder how that will work? and my score was 505 when i opened the account
Message 6 of 9
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Do you actually bank with WF or just have the card with them?  I wanted to try them out but I wasn't sure how they felt about extending credit to people who don't have accounts with them.  I ended up going with BofA and Orchard, but I'm not planning on keeping Orchard open very long since they're not much of a growing card.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 7 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

CreditDrama85 wrote:
the score to convert is supposed to be 600 but ive read that they do not pull your CR so i wonder how that will work? and my score was 505 when i opened the account

What about score for their unsecure card? I have not seen their card listing offers on any of the boards on the web.
Message 8 of 9
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

on whogavemecredit.com for cards that start out unsecure i saw scores in the high 500s w/ no BK being approved for the WFF card and scores in the high600s w/ no BK for the WF card
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.