Did you mean: 

WF Won't remove late fee.

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WF Won't remove late fee.

@09Lexie wrote:

@seeyouthere wrote:

I work for a bank and i can tell you that the best way to get that waived is to threaten to close the card.  Plain and Simple.

That may work for your bank but I doubt WF would blink an eye over a secured card.

Just sayin'

Exactly! They'd say, ok -- would you like for me to go ahead and complete this transaction? Smiley Very Happy LOL!

Message 11 of 27
score_building
Senior Contributor

@seeyouthere wrote:

I work for a bank and i can tell you that the best way to get that waived is to threaten to close the card.  Plain and Simple.

They couldn't care less.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 27
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

WF sucks, and that's why I'm now with chase. Every time I went in there they pester you to get this or that. One time they twisted my arm to get renter's insurance and I don't even rent. The banker messed up my credit app resulting in two HP's but after fighting with them a week they wouldn't remove it. Anytime I wanted to see a banker it was an hour wait made no difference if you made an appointment or not. 

They are the car dealers of banks. Even their intranet it salesandservice.wellsfargo.com

They see you walk in and think of how much crap they can sell you. It got so annoying I closed my checking act with them.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 13 of 27
enharu
Super Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@seeyouthere wrote:

That may work for your bank but I doubt WF would blink an eye over a secured card.

Just sayin'

Exactly! They'd say, ok -- would you like for me to go ahead and complete this transaction? Smiley Very Happy LOL!

AND then take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to return the security deposit.

@score_building wrote:

@seeyouthere wrote:

I work for a bank and i can tell you that the best way to get that waived is to threaten to close the card.  Plain and Simple.

They couldn't care less.

+1. Unless you are a highly profitable customer, or happen to have a lot of banking assets with them, they're most likely not gonna care.

Best case scenario, they'll refund you half of the fee, which seems to be common practice with WF for customers whom are in good standing.

Worst case scenario, they'll take you seriously and cancel the card. The security deposit will arrive in the mail after 2-3 months.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 27
enharu
Super Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

WF sucks, and that's why I'm now with chase. Every time I went in there they pester you to get this or that. One time they twisted my arm to get renter's insurance and I don't even rent. The banker messed up my credit app resulting in two HP's but after fighting with them a week they wouldn't remove it. Anytime I wanted to see a banker it was an hour wait made no difference if you made an appointment or not. 

They are the car dealers of banks. Even their intranet it salesandservice.wellsfargo.com

They see you walk in and think of how much crap they can sell you. It got so annoying I closed my checking act with them.

I don't know who you talked to, but that's messed up.

Call WF customer service. Ask to be transfered to "credit bureau dispute" department. They can help you remove the HP if it is indeed due to an error on their end. They will most likely ask you to either mail or fax a written request in. Then give it about 4 weeks for the inquiry to be removed. I did this once before and the process was easy, other than having to wait.

Most banks are trying to sell you stuff directly and/or indirectly. That's how they make money. You can't expect them to just depend on customers who deposit tens or hundreds of dollars and call it a day.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 27
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

I know all bank try to sell you stuff. It's just that they are very pesky about it. I don't think it's their fault, they have insane quotas to fill. I've even heard of bankers getting fired for signing up their siblings without their consent. 

If I cancel the card, would the deposit cancel out the balance owed? 

TU Fico 626

Message 16 of 27
enharu
Super Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I know all bank try to sell you stuff. It's just that they are very pesky about it. I don't think it's their fault, they have insane quotas to fill. I've even heard of bankers getting fired for signing up their siblings without their consent. 

If I cancel the card, would the deposit cancel out the balance owed? 

All bankers, regardless of whether its a private banker, commercial banker, personal banker, or financial advisor, have quotas to fill. Commission also accounts for a big part of their salary, so the more stuff they sell, the more money they'll make.

Bankers who sign people up without their consent are comitting fraud. Getting fired is really the 2nd best case scenario, with best case scenario being no one ever finds out. Instead they should count themselves lucky if they didn't have criminal charges pressed against them and/or lose their licenses.

Some bankers can be very annoying about selling you crap, and that's just that person you're dealing with. Switch to someone else or go to another branch, or just ignore them entirely. I've dealt with a pesky banker at WF too. Was trying to withdraw $5000 and he was literally going through my past 12 months account history as if I committed fraud or some crap. I then requested for the manager, and she came and took care of my request within the next 3 mins.

If you cancel the card, you may still have to make payment otherwise they may charge you late fees? I am not too sure how the whole thing works. Best to verify and re-verify and then re-re-verify to make sure.

Message 17 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Why would you ever agree to buy renters insurance if you dont rent? Thats like buying a winter jacket for a trip to Hawaii.

WF doesnt owe you a thing. $25 is not worth closing the door on a credit card that has the potential of becoming unsecured. Forgive me for saying this, but you have a number of posts that have pointed the blame at anybody but yourself and until you take full responsibility for your actions, I doubt your score will ever hit 700.

Message 18 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

These posts are some of the reasons I've never dealt with a personal banker, and never will.  

These days, I prefer online banking, and never walk into the bank, except for the occassional large checks.  I just go straight to the teller and reply "it won't be here long," when they suggest I consult their Banker of Financial Advisor/Consultant.

Now, I just use Fidelity CMA.  Actually, except for int'l wires, don't even need a brick & mortar bank anymore.

Message 19 of 27
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

"Why would you ever agree to buy renters insurance if you dont rent? "

I didn't? 

I went in there one day to make a deposit. The lady started giving me a speech about it, I gave her a funny look and told her "why are you trying to sell me renter's insurance? I don't rent!" she said "Oh, Ok.".

"All bankers, regardless of whether its a private banker, commercial banker, personal banker, or financial advisor, have quotas to fill. Commission also accounts for a big part of their salary, so the more stuff they sell, the more money they'll make."

I know that, but WF must be the worst. Everyone I talk to says they are like that. Even when I called them they do that. I don't have a Chase branch nearby, so I can't comment on that, but they never sell me anything when I call them on the phone. 

TU Fico 626

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.