Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF > Visa Signature

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

WF > Visa Signature

Happy Sunday! I was looking to add WF to my portfolio, and found their Visa Signature cards interesting. They have a 5% promotion on gas, groceries and drugstores for the first six months/ No AF. Does it become a 1% card after that? Also do they look this nice in person? Never seen a gold Visa Signature logo Smiley Very Happy Finally- are they like BoA where if you don't qualify for VS you automatically get platinum? I have always received VS from BoA, but not sure about WF as they seem more conservative. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2015-11-08 at 4.20.04 PM.png

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WF > Visa Signature

it'll be platinum if you can't get the VS and still qualify. yes it's a boring 1% on everything card after six months which basically makes that card a waste if you ask me
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would apply for it if your scores were limited and you had a lengthy prior relationship with wellsfargo.  Other than that, there are far better cards to get for rewards. Click themanwhocan's link in my signature if you want a better idea. Or list your spend and its categories.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

jfriend33 you need to put it in your mobile signature too
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
jfriend33 you need to put it in your mobile signature too

woah buddy! Thank u! Didnt even know there was one!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

hahahahaha!!!!
Message 6 of 12
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Any other decent WF cards that don't carry an AF? Not looking for it to be my main card, just a way to get my foot in the door with WF. Does anyone already have one of the Visa Signature cards? Thanks!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nenuco wrote:

Any other decent WF cards that don't carry an AF? Not looking for it to be my main card, just a way to get my foot in the door with WF. Does anyone already have one of the Visa Signature cards? Thanks!

While people may disagree on the definitional scope of "decent", I, unfortunately, don't think Wells Fargo offers any decent no annual fee credit cards. Their Visa Signature card gives you an extra 50% back on redemptions when you redeem for airfare through their travel portal, which takes their card from an unrestricted 1% back to 1.5% back with serious restrictions, but this is still completely eclipsed by a card as commonplace and easy-to-get as a Quicksilver (1.5% back on everything).

WF's card selection is very unexciting, unfortunately, and the only reason I have one is that I began my credit journey with WF with a secured card (it has since graduated and PCed to a Platinum Rewards Visa). My direct deposit is with WF though, so I'm hoping if they ever do ramp up their selection, I'll be a worthy candidate to them (they are very relationship-oriented with card approvals).

Message 8 of 12
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

DH and I both have WF cash back visa signature cards.  They worked well for what we used them for (MS), as the 5% cash back rewards are not capped.  We used DH's for six months, then I app'd so we could get another six months.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 9 of 12
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Have to admit the design and gold Visa Signature look pretty nice. Pitty WF doesn't have a good CC portfolio. Maybe in a year or two!

@c

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.