Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF unsecured vs Chase Freedom

tag
money_talks
Frequent Contributor

WF unsecured vs Chase Freedom

I have a WF secured that I opened in August 2013. I know I will probably have to wait for October for a possible graduation. However, since a timely graduation is not a guarantee, I've been thinking about the Chase Freedom. From what I read WF is a very conservative lender (this I found out after getting the secured card). How does Chase compare? I know Chase Freedom has the 5% calendar cash back. Assuming WF graduates me, which card is more likely to grow with me?

As far as the app for Chase Freedom, I have a TU Wal Mart FICO of 695. I read a post that said Chase likes to see at least 2 major bank cards and at least 1 year history. I have had FP and Credit One for 2+ years, but my only major bank card is BOA unsecured that I opened 3 months ago. I also have paid paddies on my CR 4 years old, but perfect payment history since the baddies (which is what I used as my selling point when doing the recon for BOA unsecured).

Basically just looking for some thoughts or suggestions. Should I stick with WF secured and hope it graduates? Or take a chance with Chase Freedom? I should add that I was hoping to get the Freedom in Mastercard version (as I don't have a Mastercard). However, the thread below says Chase Freedom is doing away with Mastercard?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Why-Chase-doesn-t-like-MasterCard/m-p/2886320/

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WF unsecured vs Chase Freedom

As an aside, sure love my Chase Freedom. Others will give you insight on your question for success. I had WF Secured and after 18 months closed it due to no graduation. However, I had acquired prime unsecured cards so it did not matter.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.