Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFCB Closed MyPoints.com Visa!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

WFCB Closed MyPoints.com Visa!!!!!

I logged into mypoints.com Visa to pay my bills and I noticed the account didn't have any available credit. I have had the card for three months. I didn't use it. This month, I used to reload my Starbucks card. They didn't like it and they closed my account. I  thought it was a mistake and I called the customer service. The automated system told me my account was transferred to Account Control Dept for review. They told me the number to call. I didn't bother to call. I'm not going to use the card. I just paid it and le t me reported as "Paid and Closed".  I checked my EXP and they soft pulled my EXP on Sept 1.  It is the day I used my card to buy coffee. There is no late, past due, perfect payment history.  No big loss.

Ron.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

Re: WFCB Closed MyPoints.com Visa!!!!!

Have you opened any more new accoutns since then?

Message 2 of 6
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

I would call and try to find out why the account was closed. If not for you, that information could be very helpful to anyone else who has that card. Sorry to hear!

Message 3 of 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

UPDATE:

I received a letter from them and it was from their fraud dept.They suspended my account pending completion of investigation.They will close my account permanently if I don't call within 10days. I called them earlier this afternoon.They thought someone used my card without my knowledge. I told them that was all my purchase.I paid them online today. He re-opened the account immediately. It wasn't credit related issue.  I checked the automated system and the account is available to use it again.

Ron.

Message 4 of 6
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

UPDATE:

I received a letter from them and it was from their fraud dept.They suspended my account pending completion of investigation.They will close my account permanently if I don't call within 10days. I called them earlier this afternoon.They thought someone used my card without my knowledge. I told them that was all my purchase.I paid them online today. He re-opened the account immediately. It wasn't credit related issue.  I checked the automated system and the account is available to use it again.

Ron.

Great news!

Message 5 of 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

UPDATE:

Ron.

Great news!

Thanks. I thought it was something wrong with my credit. I know I can't apply. They only offered you through pre-approval. I waited for this card for a long time.

Ron.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.