Senior Contributor
bichonmom

WFNNB CC w/o HP?

I've read here before that some people have gotten WFNNB CCs without a HP. Something about beginning to make a purchase online and then apping for the card on the store site. I'm wondering if this works if you have opted out. I can't use the typical "pre-selected" websites because of being opted out, so I wonder how this SP WFNNB CC works.

Any insight would be appreciated! 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Re: WFNNB CC w/o HP?

[ Edited ]

I left the garden a week ago, got Victoria Secret and Roamans both WFNNB cards no HP or INQ's I allready had accounts with WFNNB so I needed to do is create an account on each of the companies website, attempt to purchase something and during the checkout proccess I given pre-approved offers 500 and 750 nice cards. Had an issue placing the order at victoria secret so I didn't even use the card, but it arrived today. Found a 90 day zero interest offer for Roamans order was placed item recieved, won't post on the card for 90 days. They place a hold on availible credit for the 90 days but no payment is due for 90 days. 

There CLI requirements aren't the greatest but better than CapOne and Target,  first user initiated CLI at 9 months and then possible every 3 months. 

Wallet: FNBO DISC 11.9k Oregon Duck 5k, Chase CSP 10k, Freedom 3.3k & AMTRAK 4.6k & Slate 3.3k , AMEX BCP 15k & AMEX Hilton Surpass 7.5k & AMEX Zync NPSL, Walmart 4.5k
Sockdrawer: Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne 2k, CapOne 750, Amazon 3.9k, Sams Club Discover 10k, Citi HHonors Gold 6k, Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 12/21//2013 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Hmm. Well, I tried, but didn't get any kind of credit card offer or pre-approval. It looks like it may only work if you're not opted-out. :smileyfrustrated:

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Member
littlelottie

bichonmom wrote:

Hmm. Well, I tried, but didn't get any kind of credit card offer or pre-approval. It looks like it may only work if you're not opted-out. :smileyfrustrated:

Could also be the websites you tried it at.  I tried a few different ones (Victoria Secret, Avenue, Kingsize, Metrostyle) and got pre-approvals for some but not others. 

Starting Score (January 2013): TU: 704, EQ: 679, EX: 687
Current Score (September 2013): TU: 741. EQ: 703, EX: 712
Goal Score: 730 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
frogfan12

bichonmom wrote:

I've read here before that some people have gotten WFNNB CCs without a HP. Something about beginning to make a purchase online and then apping for the card on the store site. I'm wondering if this works if you have opted out. I can't use the typical "pre-selected" websites because of being opted out, so I wonder how this SP WFNNB CC works.

Any insight would be appreciated! 

It may depend on the store. I got an Express account (frequent shopper, not CC) and they keep sending me preapproval offers for their CC. Which store are you interested in? 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

I'm thinking about getting a Lane Bryant card, but I'd really like to avoid a HP.  

Mega Contributor
LS2982

bichonmom wrote:

I'm thinking about getting a Lane Bryant card, but I'd really like to avoid a HP.  

Did you try their site already? It is possible being opted out hindered it.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

LS2982 wrote:

bichonmom wrote:

Did you try their site already? It is possible being opted out hindered it.

that's what I think. I tried what people have posted here, but no cc offer or pre-approval showed up. It just wanted me to enter my billing info. :smileysad:

Regular Contributor
Boonie

Make sure your computer is allowing pop-ups, because the offer comes in a pop-up widow during checkout... Usually after you enter your shipping/billing address information. 

2/18/14 FICOs, Ex 635, Eq 683, Tu 662
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Boonie wrote:

Make sure your computer is allowing pop-ups, because the offer comes in a pop-up widow during checkout... Usually after you enter your shipping/billing address information. 

Usually in Firefox, a banner will come up across the top of the screen with the option to allow popups on that site. So, I don't think that is the problem. I really think it's because I'm opted out that it's not working for me.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+