Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFNNB Express headaches!

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Re: WFNNB Express headaches!

@ComputerWizMaster wrote:

You shouldn't worry about any "pending" transaction unless it is from a store you don't recognize. They only reflect "authorization" requests from merchants, but never actual charges. Without boring you to death once you slide your CC at a store or key it in online the merchant "auths" the transaction (basically asks the bank if you have the money to pay and if you do to just hold it). The merchant then later (how much later varies by merchant) "batch posts" the transactions it has from its customers to the bank who then actually charges you money.

If the merchant auths, but never posts then the transaction will just fall off as if it never happened (a common method used to verify your address or sign you up for a trial offer). It sounds like Express is doing an auth twice, to me it looks like an error in their software, but maybe there is a reason for it. Irrespective, you only need to worry if the transaction posts to your account twice.

Thank you for this info! Helped!

Slowly building....
Message 11 of 13
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

@ComputerWizMaster wrote:

You shouldn't worry about any "pending" transaction unless it is from a store you don't recognize. They only reflect "authorization" requests from merchants, but never actual charges. Without boring you to death once you slide your CC at a store or key it in online the merchant "auths" the transaction (basically asks the bank if you have the money to pay and if you do to just hold it). The merchant then later (how much later varies by merchant) "batch posts" the transactions it has from its customers to the bank who then actually charges you money.

If the merchant auths, but never posts then the transaction will just fall off as if it never happened (a common method used to verify your address or sign you up for a trial offer). It sounds like Express is doing an auth twice, to me it looks like an error in their software, but maybe there is a reason for it. Irrespective, you only need to worry if the transaction posts to your account twice.

+1  My walmart discover has been doing the same thing. It actually has one posted and one pending the same amount for dayyyyys. Never actually post twice though so no worries. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 12 of 13
mrsbagalot1222
Established Member

Wow I thought I was the only one going through this! I just was approved for an Express Card on Monday for $250, which matches my $250 limit on my victorias secret card opened in June. I went in the express store Wed and made a $135 purchase, I get home and see it charged twice leaving my credit limit -$20!!! I was pissed. CS says sometimes this happens it will fall off saturday. Fast forward to today it has fallen off as promised but it really upset me because just like that I was in the negative due to my pultry limit.I hope they get this resolved quick or I will hold off on future purchases.

~Current Wallet: NFCU Signature CashRewards Visa $5000/AAFES Military Star Card $3600/NFCU NavCheck $1500/Applied Bank $700/Amazon GE $700/Walmart GE $500/Credit One $500/Paypal Smart Connect $300/Orchard Bank: $300/WFNNB-Comenity Bank:Victoria's Secret $300/Express $250/New York&Company $250~
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.