Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFNNB Express headaches!

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

WFNNB Express headaches!

The the second time in a row this is happening....I go into Express and make a purchase.  I get home and check online to find that my available balance is decreased as if I made the purchase twice; however, only the ONE transaction is showing.  I called in and they CS Rep told me that for some reason, it looks like it was entered twice, but the amount would be credited back to my available credit within 48 hours....and it was.  Went in yesterday, brought a few things, signed on this evening to find the EXACT same issue.  It's like Im being charged twice, but only the one transaction shows, but my available credit decreases as if I made two purchase for the same amount.  What the heck is going on with them??  Has anyone had this happen to them before??  It's too late for me to call this evening, so I will be calling first thing in the morning.  This is fustrating! Especially after just receiving a nice cli from them last week...smh!

Slowly building....
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WFNNB Express headaches!

I have not had that problem with WFNNB yet but I would definitely give them a call to see whats up since this is happening for a second time. I'm glad the second charge is falling off but they need to give you a clear answer of why this is happening.

Message 2 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

could it just be a pre-auth for the same amount showing up?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 13
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have not had that problem with WFNNB yet but I would definitely give them a call to see whats up since this is happening for a second time. I'm glad the second charge is falling off but they need to give you a clear answer of why this is happening.

Yes, it fell off last time, but like you said, why is this happening? They need to let me know.  Plan on calling as soon as CS opens.

Slowly building....
Message 4 of 13
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Hmm that is possible, but it's wierd that it always happens when I purchase in store.  I just don't get it.  Online I've never had this happen.  I can't wait to get them on the phone this morning.  It's fustrating because it looks like I spent more than I did!!  It's crazy!  

Slowly building....
Message 5 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

This is probably what it is.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 13
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Just got off the phone with them.  Apparently they've been having some computer issues over the last few weeks and their system double posted my transaction, but did not double charge me (thank God).  She said it usually resolves itself within 48 hours, but she went in and fixed it for me.  I told her this happend to me last month as well, and the Customer Service Rep did not fix it but tole me I had to wait the 48 hours..smh!  Anyhoo...I'm glad it's resolved, but let's just say now I'm a bit leary of making my purchases at Express in-store.  I never have this issue online.

Slowly building....
Message 7 of 13
learnin113
Established Contributor

The do the same with my VS card Smiley Sad it doesn't bother me cuz it's usually cleared within a day or two, but I understand your frustration.

Message 8 of 13
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

The do the same with my VS card Smiley Sad it doesn't bother me cuz it's usually cleared within a day or two, but I understand your frustration.

Really??  Oh okay, that's what I wanted to know if this happens occassionally with their other cards as well.  It's been fustrating due to my lack of experience with them and being afraid I was being double billed or something.  Although I probably will be leary as I said, it's good to hear from someone else that it clears within a day or two.  It did for me last time as well, but I thought it was a once time issue.  Thanks!

Slowly building....
Message 9 of 13
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

You shouldn't worry about any "pending" transaction unless it is from a store you don't recognize. They only reflect "authorization" requests from merchants, but never actual charges. Without boring you to death once you slide your CC at a store or key it in online the merchant "auths" the transaction (basically asks the bank if you have the money to pay and if you do to just hold it). The merchant then later (how much later varies by merchant) "batch posts" the transactions it has from its customers to the bank who then actually charges you money.

If the merchant auths, but never posts then the transaction will just fall off as if it never happened (a common method used to verify your address or sign you up for a trial offer). It sounds like Express is doing an auth twice, to me it looks like an error in their software, but maybe there is a reason for it. Irrespective, you only need to worry if the transaction posts to your account twice.

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.