cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFNNB - Express won't budge! - UPDATE!!!!! What a surprise!!!

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

WFNNB - Express won't budge! - UPDATE!!!!! What a surprise!!!

I am so annoyed! I've had my WFNNB Express credit card since January with a $250 CL and they WILL NOT budge on an increase. Smiley Mad  I'm like what the heck?! I have perfect payment history with all my credit cards, FICO score is decent, absolutely zero baddies...they are my LOWEST credit limit now that I finally had progress with Macy's.  It's ridiculous.  Not to mention, they do not issue statements when you have a zero balance, so I always pay before the statement cuts, so online it looks as if I've only had 4 statements, but I'm actually the six month mark now.  I tried at 4 months...denied.  Tried again today...denied!  Smiley Frustrated As much as I love Express clothing...and shop there all the time, I will put this credit card on ice if they don't budge on the CL soon.Smiley Mad  Am I being unreasonable...or are they just stingy with CLI's?  Anyone with any experience with WFNNB cards? 

Thanks for letting me vent....Smiley Very Happy

Slowly building....
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: WFNNB - Express won't budge!

I have gotten an increase at 6 Months with VS, what is the reason they denied you?

Message 2 of 22
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

They keep saying "Not enough history at current credit limit"....Smiley Frustrated

Slowly building....
Message 3 of 22
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Not enough time at current limit isn't a denial really. That means that with that card there is a time frame that has to be met before the computer will allow a CLI and you haven't met it yet. Some card accounts are different even in the same bank. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 4 of 22
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@CK_Charles_Lover wrote:

Not enough time at current limit isn't a denial really. That means that with that card there is a time frame that has to be met before the computer will allow a CLI and you haven't met it yet. Some card accounts are different even in the same bank. 

CK_Charles_Lover.....That's easy for you to say sitting there with your High Credit Limits...I see your siggy! You have awsome Credit Limits!Smiley Happy I'm joking with ya!  But yeah,  Hopefully I will pass whatever mark the system has for me soon so I can use the credit card without almost maxing it out.  It's hard to work with $250 at Express....LMBO!Smiley Very Happy

Slowly building....
Message 5 of 22
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

I have 3 of their accounts not in my siggy. They started my Jcrew out with $300 I was so mad I almost told them to shove it. Within 8 months it was $1200. I still only get 200 CLI at a time with them. But they are around 2600 each now, and that only been 2 years or less. So just be patient I know its hard. But it will pay off, trust me. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 6 of 22
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Oh and there was times they didn't give me a cli for 6 to 7 months saying same thing on one account and other account 4 months on the dot APPROVED. 

Message 7 of 22
OhMyCredit
Valued Member

I have an Express account with a $950 limit that I've had for about 9 years. Started at $350, got up to $950 through 3 $200 increases starting last year. The time between increase 2 and 3 was about four months. Never got an auto increase on this account and never thought about getting an increase til I joined this forum. I also have a Victoria's Secret card that has gotten auto CLI throughout the years but the last two I requested with four months in between requests and received $200 increases each time.

Starting Score: EQ 545
Current Score: EQ 694, TU 690, EX 647(Oct 2011), TU08 693
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 22
tcbofade
Super Contributor

DW has a Lane Bryant card (also WFNNB) and they would not give her an increase for NINE months...

...but have given her three CLI's in the last six months...

Use the card and be patient.  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 9 of 22
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Just a consideration -- not enough experience/history at current limit refers to usage as well as time, so if you're not showing usage of your current limit, it probably won't matter how much time passes.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.