Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFNNB Pre-approvals and CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WFNNB Pre-approvals and CL

For the WFNNB Store Cards such as Victoria's Secret, Express, J. Crew, etc. -- have you been able to see your pre-approved credit limit on the pop-up message?

When I test the pre-approval, it pops up with a message saying I've been pre-approved but it doesn't state the CL. It just has a submit box for "Learn more!" and I don't want to click on the "Learn more" without knowing the CL.

Does anyone else know what I'm describing? If I click on "Learn more," will I have a chance to cancel and not actually get the card?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: WFNNB Pre-approvals and CL

I know exactly what you're talking about, and no...I don't believe it's possible for them to GIVE you a CL before you accept the card...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh really? That's disappointing. I was hoping it would be possible. 

For one of the WFNNB store cards, my pop-up did say what my CL would be explicitly on that first pop-up so I didn't need to click anything without knowing. 

So basically, once you click on "Learn more," it becomes an submission for credit. 

Thanks for your reply. 

Message 3 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

When I've done it in the past, they HAVE given me an offer WITH the CL. As a matter of fact, I did that just now to check, and it came back with a preapproved offer and a $750 CL.

I didn't go through with it, but it's good to know.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

tinuviel, thanks for checking. Do you mind sharing which store you tried this with that showed the CL? I'd like to give it a try to see if a CL is shown for me. Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

I dont want to get  a HP if i throw in my info. I see nothing for pre-approval ? I see 3 steps with info, consent, results on the app page.

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

I dont want to get  a HP if i throw in my info. I see nothing for pre-approval ? I see 3 steps with info, consent, results on the app page.

The Pre-Approvals DO NOT HP.

My friend was given $500 at newsport or something and $500 at Express... I don't remember it saying a CL though.  but they increase well and frequent auto if you use it and after you get past what they consider good for not being new anymore 6-9 months.

Message 7 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

If this is what I am thinking of, you don't evenget a hp for it.  One of only ways I know of to get new reported credit line without taking hard pull.  Shows up at checkout.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 8 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

tinuviel, thanks for checking. Do you mind sharing which store you tried this with that showed the CL? I'd like to give it a try to see if a CL is shown for me. Thanks!

Sure. I went to Victoria's Secret. Please let us know if it works for you, as well.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

tinuviel, oh too bad, I already have the VS via preapproval and it also revealed the CL to me on the pop-up message so I thought the other WFNNB stores would as well. It doesn't look like the others (Express, J.Crew) do reveal the CL at this time though... 

Thanks for your reponse! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.