Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFNNB and too many inquiries

tag
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

WFNNB and too many inquiries

How many are considered TOO many when applying to WFNNB for a store card? I was doing some mortgage shopping and had to change LO. I have 5 reporting with TU (opened a savings account thru employer credit union), 4 reporting with EX and 4 reporting with EQ just in the last month alone.

Will that kill the app?
Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Re: WFNNB and too many inquiries

Bump!!
Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I may ask, which store card are you applying for?  I have a couple WFFNB store cards. Do you have a major credit card?  If you do, your chances are much much better if you go into the store with the major card to apply.
Message 3 of 15
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for your quick response. I am applying for a Value City card. My scores are in my siggy...not sure which CR they pull here. Eq is my lowest (need to add revolving account to Eq). I do have a major credit card. Do they care who it is issued by or the limit? I plan to go into the store. Do you have a VCF card???
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

MichiganMommy wrote:
How many are considered TOO many when applying to WFNNB for a store card? I was doing some mortgage shopping and had to change LO. I have 5 reporting with TU (opened a savings account thru employer credit union), 4 reporting with EX and 4 reporting with EQ just in the last month alone.

Will that kill the app?

Are these all the inq's you have, or just the recent ones. How many do you have total?
Message 5 of 15
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Another great question.20 Ex, 11 Tu and 15 Eq...Of these on two will fall off soon.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

MichiganMommy wrote:
Another great question.20 Ex, 11 Tu and 15 Eq...Of these on two will fall off soon.

I've done some digging and have come across a few people that claim they were denied by WFNNB for too many inquries. Also seems clear they do not accept BK. Do you have a BK on file? If so I would not apply. They also seem to be heavy on pulling EX, if not always.
Message 7 of 15
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Wow!!!! Thank you for digging around. No, no BK ever.... Urgg...of course the most of my inq are Experian.Smiley Mad

Okay...I will think about it with regards to the inquiries.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

MichiganMommy wrote:

Will that kill the app?

Wait.  Are you planning to apply for a card while shopping for a mortgage?  Did I read that correctly?

Message 9 of 15
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

NO!!!!!! Are you kiddin... I have learned too much on this site. No, thankfully I am done shopping. I close next week and will not apply until after I fund. Thanks for good looking out though.Smiley WinkSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.