Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFNNB name change?

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

WFNNB name change?

Woke up this morning checked creditkarma and got the following surprise, all my WFNNB accounts changed name, no effect on anything they just changed names, usually creditors give notice before they change names, I'm sure people are freaking out when they get alerts on the change, Is this creditkarma going crazy or did the TL's change?

Yes I have too many WFNNB store cards, thanks for noticing

The following credit card limits have changed since your last score update on Sep 30, 2012:

Credit Card:   Balance: Previous Limit: New Limit: Change:

1CB/WMNWTHN $0N/A$980+$980
2CB/KNGSZE $0N/A$800+$800
3CB/VICSCRT $0N/A$750+$750
4CB/ROAMANS $0N/A$500+$500
5CB/OSTPPLS $0N/A$700+$700
6CB/BRYHOME $0N/A$650+$650
7. WFNNB/WOMAN N/A$980N/A-$980
8. WFNNB/KINGSZ N/A$800N/A-$800
9. WFNNB/VCTRIA N/A$750N/A-$750
10. WFNNB/ROAMAN N/A$500N/A-$500
11. WFNNB/ONESTO N/A$700N/A-$700
12. WFNNB/BRYLHM N/A$650N/A-$650
Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: WFNNB name change?

I got a weird CK alert this morning that "re-"added my two WFNNB accounts.  Probably related.

Message 2 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Mine did that too, I don't think they changednames.... CK is just dumb lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 10
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Mine did that too, I don't think they changednames.... CK is just dumb lol

Agreed about that part. My Macy's card doesn't even show up on CreditKarma even though it does show up on my TransUnion report.

Message 4 of 10
Laura2323
New Contributor

I saw this too and checked my USAA Credit Report.  Looks like the WFNNB accounts are now owned by Comenity Bank.

Message 5 of 10
Laura2323
New Contributor

Just found this ...Comenity® brings you the best experience possible, including helpful customer care and account tools. To make it even easier to find us, we've changed the names of our two banks: World Financial Network Bank is now Comenity Bank, and World Financial Capital Bank is now Comenity Capital Bank. So, whether you're on the phone or online, we're always easy to find - simply visit us here at comenity.net, or connect with AskComenity on Facebook or Twitter

Message 6 of 10
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Effective today, they are known as Comenity Bank.  I received an email on the change.  I see on USAA CM that several of my accounts already reported the change this morning.  The online account information has had Comenity information shown for the last couple months, so this was no surprise.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 7 of 10
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@Boonie wrote:

Effective today, they are known as Comenity Bank.  I received an email on the change.  I see on USAA CM that several of my accounts already reported the change this morning.  The online account information has had Comenity information shown for the last couple months, so this was no surprise.

I recently applied for a CLI with them for my express card...the letter i received said "Thank you for contacting World Financial Network Bank, a Comenity company"

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey,  here is a direct link that may be helpful. 

http://www.bessed.com/wfnnb/

I found this info earlier today and should be helpful for everyone.  Boonie is correct,  they are now known as CB/ or Comenity Bank.  These funding entities change hands on a regular basis.  The difficult part is keeping up with it.  Just a quick update this is the same lender that rolled out the castrophic Pay Option Arm that killed the mortgage  Industry, during it's popularity,  with a 720 fico you qualified for a No Income, No Asset POP up to 500k new purchase loan..    craziness,  anyways hope the info helps

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and here is the direct link to the website

http://www.comenity.net/comenity/

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.