WHAT A GREAT OFFER !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHAT A GREAT OFFER !

$0 introductory annual fee for the first year 

should i take it ?

Smiley Happy

i also have 100,000 ($1,000) platinum offer when you spend $3,000 (33% off) but costs $1,000  for 2 year membership...

compare to 50,000 ($500) gold premier offer when you spend $1,000 (50% off)  but costs $195 for 2 year membership seems a better bargain no?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WHAT A GREAT OFFER !

Those are great offers - Amex must like you!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you app yet?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would app that 100K if I hadn't already gotten my last "once in a lifetime" bonus from AX Non-Biz Plat, that and the whole lack of AC lounge access thing

Message 4 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Definitely some awesome offers

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 9
noobody
Established Contributor

prg 50K is pretty much standard offer these days, but a lot of guys here would drooling for the 100K platinum offer.
it as good as it gets, decide for yourself.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

OP- very nice offer from amex! Congrats! 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you app yet?

I dont know yet. My average is 2 years and i been eye balling the late us bank cash+ and still have not gotten the chase sapphire yet. Luckily Barclay allowing me to upgrade to Arrival+ from Rewards without a hard inquiry but between amex, us bank and chase that would be 3 hars inquires! I try to make the most out of my hard inquires for instance applying chase slate and chase sapphire or amex blue and platinum and count as 1 inquiry instead of 2... but i feel im late on the us bank cash. I just like the 5% movies + because it signature visa i get 20% on top purchasing movie tickets so its really 25% off. With AARP membership i get 15% buying popcorn and stuff at the movies than using us bank cash+ and other 5% i would use on us bank cash+ qould be fast food when discover and chase freedom doesnt have their rotating 5% restaurant. Then ill use chase sapphire or amex gold i guess for restaurant but us bank its the same 2% for restaurants  as chase and amex 2x restaurants. Barclay arrival+ also 2x so really not sure what good use chase sapphire would be except using it abroad eating at restauranta because niether us bank or amex covers 2x restaurants abroad. Its USA only. 

Message 8 of 9
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

If it was me I would apply for both and maximize it.

This will be over your total breakdown after completion of 1 year.

150k points after 6k Spend

500$ in Airline Credit( 2 years of 200$ for Platinum and 100$ for PRG)

450$ AF 

So eventually you get 150k points and 50$ after deducting the AF which is a steal Smiley Happy I am waiting patiently for the Platinum offer if at all I get any.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.