Did you mean: 

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH FINGERHUT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH FINGERHUT

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is Fingerhut?  Sounds like a bad XXX movie.

http://www.fingerhut.com/home.jsp

130 bucks for an Aurora paper shredder?  No thank you.

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does FINGERHUT report as installment acct or what?

Fingerhut Freshstart (partially secured) DOES report as an installment account.

The regular credit line Fingerhut reports as a charge account.

BTW, Fingerhut just texted me today telling me I got a $400 credit limit increase Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 28
mikelo22
Established Contributor

How the H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS does this place stay in business? Literally everything is like 300% overpriced.

Sounds like they get by from tricking those who can't afford these things into ridiculous monthly installment plans. That is just wrong...

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still better than first premier that gives ya a 300 dollar card but 14 dollar available balance cuz they tossed 286 dollars worth of fees on to start... Besides who doesn't wanna pay for the comforter in 36 easy pyments? Smiley LOL

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, Fingerhut is overpriced but if you guys really think about it, it's no different every bank out there.  They're all about bad credit/subprime lending.

1. Have you tried to buy  a car with bad credit?  Remember the crazy APR
  2. If you buy a house with special loans like FHA or < 20% LTV, you get nailed with a mortgage insurance payment.  They gouge you on PMI
  3. Or pretty much any credit catd you get, look at your APR compared to somebody with excellent credit.  It's outrageous

Fingerhut just took that "gouge bad credit people"  model and made it into a shopping catalog instead of giving you a 22% APR credit card.  

And if you're stupid enough to buy from them if you have excellent credit; you deserve it Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, Fingerhut is overpriced but if you guys really think about it, it's no different every bank out there.  They're all about bad credit/subprime lending.

1. Have you tried to buy  a car with bad credit?  Remember the crazy APR
  2. If you buy a house with special loans like FHA or < 20% LTV, you get nailed with a mortgage insurance payment.  They gouge you on PMI
  3. Or pretty much any credit catd you get, look at your APR compared to somebody with excellent credit.  It's outrageous

Fingerhut just took that "gouge bad credit people"  model and made it into a shopping catalog instead of giving you a 22% APR credit card.  

And if you're stupid enough to buy from them if you have excellent credit; you deserve it Smiley Very Happy

The consumer has a choice to not accept a subpar product.

Message 26 of 28
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is Fingerhut?  Sounds like a bad XXX movie.

LOL +1 

(I actually thought something similar too the first time I heard it. I had never heard of it either prior to reading these boards..)

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol....It's a revolving credit line if anything. Please don't apply for this if you have better options.

Nixon do you seriously think I'de wanna pay an absurd amount of $$$ for a pair of work jeans if I didn't believe it was forward moving.

We had a question a while back: How large a FingerHut CL could someone get?

Are you up for the challenge? Smiley Happy

NRB this has to be a jk.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.