Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT THE FISHSTICKS!!

tag
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: WHAT THE FISHSTICKS!!

@distantarray wrote:

finger hut is a overpriced catalog shop i don't think they actually have a real store.

Ahh.  Thanks for clearing that up

Message 11 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@distanarray Oh no what i meant is that everytime my mom or sister adds me as an AU onto their credit cards it reports to my dads report and not mine since I dont have a credit history.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 12 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@improvingmycredit LOL thanks! Yea he wil have to dispute it ASAP, and oh boy I can already tell having similar names might cause some issues in the coming future with credit. Oh well Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 13 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@CC365 Im sorry I already explained my story in a other post. I was pretending to be my parents asking questions on my fico so I speaked as if I was my dad or mom talking abou their issue Smiley Happy . I have stopped that and began to just explain in detail. There is nothing fishy anymore Smiley Happy And I am very desperate to begin my credit since I just turned 18 on  THE 23RD OF THIS MONTH. I know Fingerhut isnt the best way to begin but unlike my sister who began her history doing a joint acct with my father, and currently none of my parents can do the same for me because I have no income and currently UTL is high, and dont want to go through that secured credit card process Smiley Sad Plus on th finger hut app it said $1-10k in annual income so I thought what theh heck they report to all three bureaus so I gave it  a shot and now look what happened lolSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 24
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Okay so I decided to apply for the Fingerhut credit card Im 18 with no credit at all and no income. So I applied last night and go the 30days message so Today I log into my gmail and see an email from equifax.com stating that an inquiry has poped up in my dads report. When he hasnt even applied or credit since may 2012. We were thinking maybe it was this agency we are dealing with that is helping my parents lower their APR on mortagage and they told us that they were going to do a credit check(and maybe thought it was them doing the pull). So I logged into equifax.com and check out the alert. I was an inquiry from Finger hut!!!! WHAT!!?!?! Yes my dad and I have the same name and everything but not the same SSN #. What happened?? Would anyone have a clue? Thats he why I cant be added to my families accts as an AU beacuse it will automatically report to my dads credit. AGAIN our ssn# is completely different why would they oull his report?

Why would equifax send you an email about an inquiry on your dad's account? Do you share an email account too?

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 15 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@ccnewcc WILL DO! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@ccnewcc LOL!!!!! PIZZA HUT you just made my day, and dont worry finger hut is very over priced and not worth having their credit card or even shopping with them.

Message 17 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@calihlove Basically my email is used for everyhting when email is requested.

Message 18 of 24
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@CC365 Im sorry I already explained my story in a other post. I was pretending to be my parents asking questions on my fico so I speaked as if I was my dad or mom talking abou their issue Smiley Happy . I have stopped that and began to just explain in detail. There is nothing fishy anymore Smiley Happy And I am very desperate to begin my credit since I just turned 18 on  THE 23RD OF THIS MONTH. I know Fingerhut isnt the best way to begin but unlike my sister who began her history doing a joint acct with my father, and currently none of my parents can do the same for me because I have no income and currently UTL is high, and dont want to go through that secured credit card process Smiley Sad Plus on th finger hut app it said $1-10k in annual income so I thought what theh heck they report to all three bureaus so I gave it  a shot and now look what happened lolSmiley Happy

Oh I feel better now. I thought you were just plucking numbers out of a money tree making a bunch of applications, etc. I'm glad to know you like learning about credit! I will say this, be careful with applying and stating income that can't be proven if asked as that's a good way to ruin any credit you may build. Not to mention the legal aspect of commiting fraud. Keep that desire strong and you will have great credit in the futureSmiley Happy

Message 19 of 24
distantarray
Established Contributor

Try going in with your dad to Macy's IN STORE IN PERSON. Have your dad's info on top as the Primary applicant if your dad's credit score is higher than a 720 your credit report won't even be looked at, no hardpull no check no nothing on your credit account and you'll get 2 accounts for the price of one Smiley Wink

Macy's Store account and Macy's Amex for purchases outside the store both on one card. This is only exclusive to Macy's or Nordstroms.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.