Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

would you charge $400 on a $2,500 limit card with 1% cash back with high interest and pay in 2 months installments ?

or

would you charge $400 on a $500 limit card with 1.5% cash back and pay in full before statement cuts and pay less on the other cards coming due ?

or

would you charge $400 on a $8,000 limit card that charges a low interest but no cash back and pay as you can ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

If one could do this I'd do this:

would you charge $400 on a $500 limit card with 1.5% cash back and pay in full before statement cuts ?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would charge $400 on a $500 limit card with 1.5% cash back and pay in full before statement cuts.

Message 3 of 8
IWOL
Established Contributor

Your first scenario makes no sense at all. You will earn $4 cash back and assuming your interest rate on that card is 20%, you will pay about $13 in interest over 2 months, so it will cost you $8.

Better off on a low interest card with no rewards. If your interest rate is say 12% it will cost you about $4 in interest.

Message 4 of 8
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

I choose "B". Where's my cookie?

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 5 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Just curious -- what was the purpose of this little exercise? Smiley Wink lol
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KennyRS wrote:
Just curious -- what was the purpose of this little exercise? Smiley Wink lol

Just giving you guys a little warmup for the day Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

We could go through the math exercise for you but if you're looking for an easy answer then generally speaking interest will kill rewards.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.