Did you mean: 

WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

@trugem wrote:

n inquries on EX. Which cards pull EX?

American Express will pull EX than TU if they need to pull another report to get you approved.

I have read that Amex revolving CCs are a little harder to get than the charge card.

Since you have some baddies but no iqs on your TU or EX, I would look to get my foot in the door with Amex.

Down the road, you can app for one of their revolving CCs.

Try a Amex Zinc to start out first.

To me, it doesn't really make a difference. Just pick out a card you like from Amex and hit submit. It's not like you have 10s of iqs on your EX & TU report.

Good luck...or just wait and grind it out if you don't need another card.

Message 11 of 15
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

BOA just pulled EX for me yesterday.  I applied for the Power Rewards Visa Signature card, and i live in WV

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 12 of 15
trugem

Thanks everybody so much for the help!

Message 13 of 15
p-
Valued Contributor

@trugem wrote:

2yrs ago I opened 2 secured cc. 1 with BoA & another with WF. BOA went
unsecured after one yr and now has a $6ooo cl and I was promoted to the visa
signature. WF on the other hand, gave me a $1000 cl increase a yr ago which
gives me a cl of $4000 but will not graduate me (they no longer have the program
and I was turned down due to lack of credit history. I have 3 trade lines- a car
loan which is a yr old, BOA & WF both 2yrs old. I've never been late and
until recently paid my cc off every month. I have a 1300 balance on wf &
1700 on BoA and 10k on my car loan. My concern/question is this- WF is holding
$3000. Im not sure if I will ever graduate or be able to qualify for a WF cc
anytime soon. From what I gather, they're conservative. Should I close the acct
& pay off my cc debt? What are your suggestions? 

TU 677 (altho CK
says 713?? WHY??))
EX 668
EQ 661

What can I do to get better
scores???

I was in the same boat with WF; when I found out they wouldn't graduate the card I closed it.  They kind of ticked me off. 

As far as your scores, the first suggestion I have is to improve your utilization.  Get all cards but one down to zero, and keep that one around 5%.  If you have any derogs you need to PFD or whatver you can to get them gone.

Good Luck!

Message 14 of 15
trugem

update- I had 3 medical bills that went into collections & was on my credit report. I am very happy to say that all 3 are being deleted! YAY! PFD worked! Also, I decided to close my WF secured cc, and wait till aug 2011 to apply for any more credit, at that point I"ll have another yr of on time payments on my car loan & my BOA Visa Signature cc under my belt. Not to mention, during that time 6 hard pills will also come off.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.