cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN DOES AMEX HARD LIMIT GO AWAY.....

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: WHEN DOES AMEX HARD LIMIT GO AWAY.....

Hard limits are reviewed every 12 months (Sometimes 9ish I think)

It CAN go away... They can also just increase it if they still don't want to turn you loose.

What Im confused about is why you don't want to call?

Did they give you specific reasons after you went through FR and got the hard limit?

If you want to spend $6-$8k month on the card I would do it... I really believe the FR by Amex is really kind of random... You charging that much on your 3rd month or what not is usually what Amex WANTS to see... someone that is paying multiple times a month because that lessons their exposure (I might think differently if you just charged away and the system let you charge all the way to $15k and then you made payment but even that Im like it's a charge card, why would they not want that?!)

Message 11 of 34
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:

Crashem, 

I just looked at your signature.... Im so jealous....LOL Penfed rewards 30K man i wish i could get that kind of limit from them... they did soft me on the 6/12 but no offers at that time i had 2 large balance showing and score was 620-640 range... Now back to normal 747

What is JFCU ??? can anyone apply to this CU 

Also What is SF ??? 

If your proof of income is in order, might consider apping to PenFed.

JFCU=Justice Federal Credit Union.  That JLOC product is unique is the main reason I went there.

SFFIRE = San Francisco Fire Credit Union.  Great local credit union.  Free checking with rebates on other's ATM fees.  VISA is basically 1 cent per dollar with basically no fees and like 7.X% interest.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 34
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Thats good to hear.... put some faith into me getting the hard limit removed...lol 

I dont want to call in cus after I applied for the business gold and got the letter saying that their interal system feels my account is high risk I just i sort of am afraid to becasue I dont want AA to be taken on my account...

I honestly dont remember exactly but i think it was cus of my spending pattern and how I went from 200, 900, to almost 9k...lol..... that was in feb and I paid off the card every monday whatever amount I charged in the past week.. go figure its ok.... Honestly i really want a Plat Business now that will make me really happy....LOL I know i wont get approved and am not applying but I wish I could get one... I have a Chase INK that I got in april for 5k...  I currently charge about 20k for my business a month thats why... A plat business would be awesome.... it would really help out and stop me from using my personal cards.... 

Message 13 of 34
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Crashem, 

I dont think you remember but on a previous thread you and I discussed my penfed situation... I already have a penfed promise for 9K that I got in NOV 2011... But havent gotten any offers from them yet... I am looking to raise it to 25-30K that would be awesome !!!! I dont know if I should just wait for a offer or just ask for a CLI... They did soft me on 6/12 but no offer at that time score was 620-640, but now back to 747... 

justice credit union - thats a LOC not a CC ??? I honestly dont need LOC rather have a CC... can anyone apply.. I live in NJ but am not a government employee or a lawyer or anything... 

san francisco fire credit union - sounds nice ?? can a NJ resident apply ?? I dont work for a fire department...lol 

Message 14 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:

Thats good to hear.... put some faith into me getting the hard limit removed...lol 

I dont want to call in cus after I applied for the business gold and got the letter saying that their interal system feels my account is high risk I just i sort of am afraid to becasue I dont want AA to be taken on my account...

I honestly dont remember exactly but i think it was cus of my spending pattern and how I went from 200, 900, to almost 9k...lol..... that was in feb and I paid off the card every monday whatever amount I charged in the past week.. go figure its ok.... Honestly i really want a Plat Business now that will make me really happy....LOL I know i wont get approved and am not applying but I wish I could get one... I have a Chase INK that I got in april for 5k...  I currently charge about 20k for my business a month thats why... A plat business would be awesome.... it would really help out and stop me from using my personal cards.... 

That is true, until you don't have a hard limit or CLD in the last 6 months the system will not allow new apps or CLI to come through for Amex.

Now if you have Chase Ink with $5k... Why don't you get the Chase Ink BOLD (no Pre-Set) just like Amex...

Message 15 of 34
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Yeah but am waiting for the ink to reach 6 month mark... first will ask for a CLI... 5 is a joke already charged over 30k on the card since april and always PIF... After that I will apply for the bold... Just dont know how much exposure chase will give me, as i do have a personal card with them... 

Message 16 of 34
swpopham
Established Contributor

I'm sorry but you sound like a school girl hiding from the "bully". I called chase today and talked to them about our ink bold and what you dont understand or know is that chase reviews business accounts weekly. If you call the number on the back of your ink card and ask for an internal limit increase they will ask you about your business and make a decision on the spot. Ours went from 5k to 15k on the 3rd month 25k at the 5th and I called today its like 5.5 months and he said he will up our internal limit to 49k because at 50k it requires full business docs and a physically signed PG. They are great to deal with and have let us run all over our internal limit. 1 million times better then AMEX... So I say don't be scared and call chase!! Dont worry about amex, chase will take that market from them if it goes the same for a few years.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 17 of 34
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I have the ink cash not the bold... waiting to apply for the bold after i built some history on the ink cash for six months... I dont think i should apply for a bold that soon.. Im not scared.. Actually i was going to call the executive office next week and up my personal card first.. trying to get to 10k at least... 

Message 18 of 34
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:

Crashem, 

I dont think you remember but on a previous thread you and I discussed my penfed situation... I already have a penfed promise for 9K that I got in NOV 2011... But havent gotten any offers from them yet... I am looking to raise it to 25-30K that would be awesome !!!! I dont know if I should just wait for a offer or just ask for a CLI... They did soft me on 6/12 but no offer at that time score was 620-640, but now back to 747... 

justice credit union - thats a LOC not a CC ??? I honestly dont need LOC rather have a CC... can anyone apply.. I live in NJ but am not a government employee or a lawyer or anything... 

san francisco fire credit union - sounds nice ?? can a NJ resident apply ?? I dont work for a fire department...lol 

You're right I forgot.  I probably would wait for the next quarter and see if you get anything.  If nothing, might be worth taking a HP to see what CLI you can get.  Remember they are pretty conservative.

As for the JFCU, not really worth trying to get in.  Lots of other decent CUs out there.  There is a backdoor but they can be difficult.  JLOC is LOC not CC.  But it is LOC with special powers.

As for SFFire, they used to have backdoor but they closed it.  Think the CB effect.  So no real way to join unless in Bay Area or unless we are related some how.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 19 of 34
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

The problem here is that you are charging around 20k a month on your personal credit cards for what are mostly business expenses. This is the purpose of business credit/chagre cards because they separate what is personal spending and what is business. You are putting way more money through your cards a month than your stated income and assets likely can handle in Amex's eyes. Whether your company reimburses you for the spending or not Amex only sees what you spend, not where the money to pay is coming from. At age 22, with a huge jump in monthly spending I can see the concern from their standpoint. The card is in your name only, not the business, and only you can be held liable for the charges made to the account. Ask your business to provide you with a business credit card for this type of spending.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.