cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN DOES AMEX HARD LIMIT GO AWAY.....

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: WHEN DOES AMEX HARD LIMIT GO AWAY.....

@swpopham wrote:

I'm sorry but you sound like a school girl hiding from the "bully". I called chase today and talked to them about our ink bold and what you dont understand or know is that chase reviews business accounts weekly. If you call the number on the back of your ink card and ask for an internal limit increase they will ask you about your business and make a decision on the spot. Ours went from 5k to 15k on the 3rd month 25k at the 5th and I called today its like 5.5 months and he said he will up our internal limit to 49k because at 50k it requires full business docs and a physically signed PG. They are great to deal with and have let us run all over our internal limit. 1 million times better then AMEX... So I say don't be scared and call chase!! Dont worry about amex, chase will take that market from them if it goes the same for a few years.

Wow...that was unnecessarily rude and harsh. You could have made your point without this, you know Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the OP, why are you so afraid of a FR (not to sound rude)?

The only reason to be worried is if you lied on your app or your actual income is much less than your stated income.  If everything matches, you have nothing to worry about other than using a small bit of your time.  If you never contact them, you will probably never have the hard limit removed.

Message 22 of 34
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

I'm sorry but you sound like a school girl hiding from the "bully". I called chase today and talked to them about our ink bold and what you dont understand or know is that chase reviews business accounts weekly. If you call the number on the back of your ink card and ask for an internal limit increase they will ask you about your business and make a decision on the spot. Ours went from 5k to 15k on the 3rd month 25k at the 5th and I called today its like 5.5 months and he said he will up our internal limit to 49k because at 50k it requires full business docs and a physically signed PG. They are great to deal with and have let us run all over our internal limit. 1 million times better then AMEX... So I say don't be scared and call chase!! Dont worry about amex, chase will take that market from them if it goes the same for a few years.

Wow...that was unnecessarily rude and harsh. You could have made your point without this, you know Smiley Happy

well someone had to say it. all the time a forum member will post comlaining about amex with an fr or hard limit and as soon as its suggested calling them its always im too scared to. seriously though if you want something to be changed you would have to call them. simply doing nothing about it changes nothing and your current account situations will remain in effect.  OP unless you fibbed on your app you have nothing to worry about

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 23 of 34
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Amex has every right to ask you to prove how your spending has increased so dramatically, especially if the income listed doesn't support charging 9,000.00 in one month. If you spend around 1-2 thousand per month normally and spend 5,000.00 this month it's no big deal, but when your spending jumps 10X normal it raises red flags. If you want them to remove the hard cap you will have to call and prove where you got the money.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 24 of 34
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

well someone had to say it. all the time a forum member will post comlaining about amex with an fr or hard limit and as soon as its suggested calling them its always im too scared to. seriously though if you want something to be changed you would have to call them. simply doing nothing about it changes nothing and your current account situations will remain in effect.  OP unless you fibbed on your app you have nothing to worry about

I agree with the sentiments (i.e. If you didn't lie or fudge numbers on the app, you have nothing to worry about), just not the tone. We can make points here without calling posters "school girls".

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 25 of 34
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

I agree with the sentiments (i.e. If you didn't lie or fudge numbers on the app, you have nothing to worry about), just not the tone. We can make points here without calling posters "school girls".

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 26 of 34
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Message 27 of 34
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I think the last few users that posted missed a few details....

First off not afraid at all to show my income. In fact I stated far less than I really make...

To the user that stated I should have my company give me a business cc, I own my own business...

Third, I don't want to call in cus the last time I applied I got a letter stating I was denied because amex's interal scoring system feels my account as highly risky... And it hasn't been that long since my FR...I rather just wait and let it happen on it's own.. I'm working on getting CLI on my other cards...
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditScholar wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

I would be scared to call if I fibbed on my app.
Message 29 of 34
swpopham
Established Contributor

In this case the OP knows I was joking with him, guess I could have used a better anology. But really OP call chase INK its the same people regardless of wether its the bold or ink cash, I wash I had the revolver but its all good, They are super nice and on the business card all you have to do is talk to them like normal people and whom ever is on the phone will tell you... im going to leave you where your at... Ill up you to XYX right now, or work with me a little bit and ill bump you to XYZ then if you need more call me back.. They are great and will always have our business account so as long as they keep us.

Peace!

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.