Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHICH CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHICH CC

Question after watching this boards for 4-5 months, i have brought my scores FROM 470 TO 656!!!!! Just by the simple pen paper stamps CMRR and laptop! Thanks guys,

My question is, i currently have no cards, no baddies, and 5inqs on my TU ONLY!!! its the 656!!!

So wanting a Card with that score, which lender will pull only TU I am from Texas!??

Thanks, btw NO crap one, bad used to have them, Citibank defaulted but paid back but they pull EQ, and Chase and BOFA, deff not

thanks 

JOEY

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WHICH CC

Oh must add, APPed for TU Student card, i do attend vocational school but i am 50! haha heard they pull TU in texas, but dont wanna try anything else until the experts opine!

Message 2 of 8
Datx
Valued Contributor

I'm from TX too (DFW) and I dont think it matters where you live when you apply for a CC on which they pull, I think it just depends on the lender.  I recently applied for the hooters card and they only pulled up my TU score. I saw a couple of threads on this board where some were applying for the card and reported the inquiry on their TU report.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn I am from DFW too!! I thought about app for that card because the read the post too! But IDK just frustrating my DW has AMEX PLAT, DISCOVER MORE, PAYAPL PLUS WITH 6000cl, AMEX BLUESKY 12000, and a Barclays Visa Black that i have to be an AU ON!!!!

Message 4 of 8
smc733
Valued Contributor

I don't think you have to be a student to get the Citi Forward card, that might be a good one to apply for.  I would say just look for a basic card with lousy interest rates that seems easy to get, then after a few months, go for something better.

Also, try going to a credit union and explaining your situation.  There they can listen case by case instead of pumping you into an algorithm as their only consideration (they will still do this).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, I saw you posted then deleted?? A post that your score was bad not because of a bk or co but a BankofAmerica card that you owe 14k on? U also said that you had 31 accounts in good standing one of them Discover and AMEX. I dont know but these guys at MYFICO ROCK! they got my fraudlent nordies account removed and inqs and filed a police report and froze my reports, all are now in 700-739 thanks guys! But dont know if Discover and AMEX you said you had for 8 years each and were closed by you would consider taking you back? 

Message 6 of 8
Xarquinn
New Contributor

Hooters MC pulled only TU for me.

Starting Score: Low 500's (BK Ch7 Discharged 3/2010) Back in with almost all of the creditors that I burned.
Current Scores: 760 - 800 (BK dropped off Nov 2019)
Alliant CU Visa 10k; Merrick Bank 0.4k (keeping for age); Lowes 25k; Target MC 13k; Capital One 8k; PayPal 10k; Total Rewards (Comenity) 25k; Amex BCP 38k; Discover 28k; PenFed 15k, Chase Amazon 20k; FNBO 28k; Citibank 30k; BlockFi 15k; X1 33k. Local Credit Union HELCO: 97k. Utilization around 30% incl HELCO
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays/Juniper Cards tend to pull TU.

Discover pulled TU on me, but EQ on DW.

JCPenney pulls TU in DFW.

txjohn

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.