cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

Established Member

WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

I have a Green amex for about 3 months. GOOD STANDING.

 

 

I want the AMEX jet blue card because i fly with them.

 

If i close my green amex and apply for the jetblue amex, will my very short history with amex help at all with the jet blue card?

 

Is there a good way to go about this?

 

Thanks fellas..

Amex Green Card, U.S. Bank Platinum $2,000, U.S. Bank Line of Credit $1,500, BoFA Visa $500, C1 $500
8 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX


garci349 wrote:

I have a Green amex for about 3 months. GOOD STANDING.

 

 

I want the AMEX jet blue card because i fly with them.

 

If i close my green amex and apply for the jetblue amex, will my very short history with amex help at all with the jet blue card?

 

Is there a good way to go about this?

 

Thanks fellas..


I think it would actually be a good idea to keep the AMEX green open THEN apply for the jetblue for a better chance of approval. I do think though you should wait a little longer to apply (minimum of 6 months history with the green) before you even attempt to app for Jetblue.


Quicksilver WMC $20k | JCPenney Platinum $10k | Drive for Five $800 | Freedom VS $5k | TD Cash VS $5k | CFU VS $14.8k | Blue Sky $13.7k | IT $28k | SavingStar $14.8k | BCE $11.3k | Macy's AMEX $7.2k | BuyPower WEMC $7.5k | CSR VI $13.3k | Diamond Preferred $6.5k FICOS: EX 775 EQ 764 TU 759 VantageScore 3.0: EX 759 EQ 757 TU 762
Valued Member

Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

Follow Daybreak's advice

 

Super Contributor

Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

I would say to wait six months to apply for JetBlue Amex.

 

 

Ron.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

Keep your Green open for the year. You dont have a AF for the first year.

Wait 6 months, build the relationship and if denied then its only a SP.

If you close your card then apply and get denied its another HP

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Established Member

Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

Should I buy Check My FIco on this website? I want to monitor my credit.

Amex Green Card, U.S. Bank Platinum $2,000, U.S. Bank Line of Credit $1,500, BoFA Visa $500, C1 $500
Established Contributor

Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX


chnceit wrote:
Keep your Green open for the year. You dont have a AF for the first year.

Wait 6 months, build the relationship and if denied then its only a SP.

If you close your card then apply and get denied its another HP

don't CHANCE IT! Keep it open and wait longer Smiley Wink


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor

Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

Haha yeah dont chnceit! Keep it open Smiley Happy Exactly what distantarray said Smiley Wink

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Established Contributor

Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX


chnceit wrote:
Haha yeah dont chnceit! Keep it open Smiley Happy Exactly what distantarray said Smiley Wink

lmao btw 1 in a million chance Felos don't mean anything to do does it lmao if it does -_-; then I would have to say WoW Smiley Tongue


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758