Established Member
p350z

WHOA 29.99%!!!!

I just received a letter for a change in terms. In less than 2 months my Citi card rate has gone from a promotional 6.99% to 18.99% and now they will raise it to Prime + 24%! There reasoning was the cost of doing business. Is this credit card companies way of fighting back credit card reform?
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: WHOA 29.99%!!!!

The short answer is yes. Hike them now while they can.
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

p350z wrote:
I just received a letter for a change in terms. In less than 2 months my Citi card rate has gone from a promotional 6.99% to 18.99% and now they will raise it to Prime + 24%! There reasoning was the cost of doing business. Is this credit card companies way of fighting back credit card reform?

What exactly is the state of this account and your other accounts? Are you carrying balances?

New Contributor
Smrtshppr43

Same thing with my daughter, she surfed to alliant. But the funny thing is, she logged in to her citi account last night to see if the blanace transfer went though yet, and saw the luv button for the first time, so she clicked it and they increased her limit by another $500. And it said, not a hard pull, so she was happy
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Smrtshppr43 wrote:
Same thing with my daughter, she surfed to alliant. But the funny thing is, she logged in to her citi account last night to see if the blanace transfer went though yet, and saw the luv button for the first time, so she clicked it and they increased her limit by another $500. And it said, not a hard pull, so she was happy

If you get a form to fill in it will be a hard INQ. If you do not get a form it will not be. I recenly got a $1,250 CLI this way.

Established Member
p350z

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

What exactly is the state of this account and your other accounts? Are you carrying balances?

This account is current and has always been current just like all my credit cards. My balance is about $1000 on a limit of $1600.....It used to be over a $5,000 limit but they've been hacking away at that too.
I do however have a tax lien on my record. I'm sure that doesn't help in keeping my rates low even though I'm a good client as far as paying all my other bills on time.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

p350z wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

This account is current and has always been current just like all my credit cards. My balance is about $1000 on a limit of $1600.....It used to be over a $5,000 limit but they've been hacking away at that too.
I do however have a tax lien on my record. I'm sure that doesn't help in keeping my rates low even though I'm a good client as far as paying all my other bills on time.

"Current" is not good enough these days. High UTIL + PR reporting (in your case) is a recipe for AA.

New Contributor
Smrtshppr43

She didn't fill out any info. She just clicked the button that asked if she wanted an increase and it said approved. It also said no credit report was pulled for this decision.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

My previous post was information for the benefit of others who may not be aware of how the system at Citi works.
New Contributor
Smrtshppr43

Oh, my bad. Sorry bout that.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}