Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Member
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎05-15-2009
0

WHOA 29.99%!!!!

I just received a letter for a change in terms. In less than 2 months my Citi card rate has gone from a promotional 6.99% to 18.99% and now they will raise it to Prime + 24%! There reasoning was the cost of doing business. Is this credit card companies way of fighting back credit card reform?
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: WHOA 29.99%!!!!

The short answer is yes. Hike them now while they can.
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: WHOA 29.99%!!!!


p350z wrote:
I just received a letter for a change in terms. In less than 2 months my Citi card rate has gone from a promotional 6.99% to 18.99% and now they will raise it to Prime + 24%! There reasoning was the cost of doing business. Is this credit card companies way of fighting back credit card reform?

 

What exactly is the state of this account and your other accounts? Are you carrying balances?

New Contributor
Posts: 68
Registered: ‎09-19-2008
0

Re: WHOA 29.99%!!!!

Same thing with my daughter, she surfed to alliant. But the funny thing is, she logged in to her citi account last night to see if the blanace transfer went though yet, and saw the luv button for the first time, so she clicked it and they increased her limit by another $500. And it said, not a hard pull, so she was happy
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: WHOA 29.99%!!!!


Smrtshppr43 wrote:
Same thing with my daughter, she surfed to alliant. But the funny thing is, she logged in to her citi account last night to see if the blanace transfer went though yet, and saw the luv button for the first time, so she clicked it and they increased her limit by another $500. And it said, not a hard pull, so she was happy

If you get a form to fill in it will be a hard INQ. If you do not get a form it will not be. I recenly got a $1,250 CLI this way.

Established Member
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎05-15-2009
0

Re: WHOA 29.99%!!!!


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

 

What exactly is the state of this account and your other accounts? Are you carrying balances?


This account is current and has always been current just like all my credit cards. My balance is about $1000 on a limit of $1600.....It used to be over a $5,000 limit but they've been hacking away at that too.
I do however have a tax lien on my record. I'm sure that doesn't help in keeping my rates low even though I'm a good client as far as paying all my other bills on time.

 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: WHOA 29.99%!!!!


p350z wrote:
 

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

 

What exactly is the state of this account and your other accounts? Are you carrying balances?


This account is current and has always been current just like all my credit cards. My balance is about $1000 on a limit of $1600.....It used to be over a $5,000 limit but they've been hacking away at that too.
I do however have a tax lien on my record. I'm sure that doesn't help in keeping my rates low even though I'm a good client as far as paying all my other bills on time.

 


"Current" is not good enough these days. High UTIL + PR reporting (in your case) is a recipe for AA.

New Contributor
Posts: 68
Registered: ‎09-19-2008
0

Re: WHOA 29.99%!!!!

She didn't fill out any info. She just clicked the button that asked if she wanted an increase and it said approved. It also said no credit report was pulled for this decision.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: WHOA 29.99%!!!!

My previous post was information for the benefit of others who may not be aware of how the system at Citi works.
New Contributor
Posts: 68
Registered: ‎09-19-2008
0

Re: WHOA 29.99%!!!!

Oh, my bad. Sorry bout that.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.